Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: So Rigby Rifles are now back in London....

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Big Bore Rifles

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: So Rigby Rifles are now back in London....
      30/09/14 04:21 PM

Several threads on them.

John Rigby & Co of London now offer three different lines of Mauser 98 rifle.

1. The Big Game Rifle in .375 H&H and .416 Rigby and maybe a third chambering. I forget the last. This rifle was VERY successful and sold over a hundred rifles in only three months for Rigby and not long after another fifty were sold. Some members of NE feel the model lacks the lines of the classic Rigbys, but it is an excellent example of a modern big game hunting rifle.

I would have no trouble owning one of these and much in preference to many other modern commercial rifles such as Winchester, Remington, Savage, the modern European designs such as Blaser, Merkel, etc.

It is a Mauser 98 Big Game Rifle at an affordable price. Something the hunting world was crying out for, for decades.

2. The Classic or Vintage line. I will have to edit this and look up the range's title when I have time. These are probably the result of some of the comments of this forum. I was in contact with the MD of Rigby, Marc Newton, and he told me of this line to be released in the future. This would have been around May or June.

This range is designed to match the classic lines. I understand about one is sold for every hundred of the Big Game range. The BG rifle is just so popular with hunters wanting a user rifle for its price.

3. The London Best. These are bespoke / custom rifles.

4. Rigby Rising Bite Double Rifle - There was quite a number of Rigby Rising Bite double rifles under construction, nineteen or so I believe. At around one hundred thousand a pop for each of them, I think this shows the serious interest expected from customers.

So you can get virtually what you want, and what your wallet can afford.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* So Rigby Rifles are now back in London.... Rigby270 30/09/14 05:19 AM
. * * Re: So Rigby Rifles are now back in London.... paradox_   30/09/14 07:07 AM
. * * Re: So Rigby Rifles are now back in London.... NitroXAdministrator   30/09/14 04:21 PM
. * * Re: So Rigby Rifles are now back in London.... Rigby270   01/10/14 03:55 AM
. * * Re: So Rigby Rifles are now back in London.... underlever   01/10/14 07:12 PM

Extra information
1 registered and 65 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2377

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com