Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: .416 Remington preperation

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Big Bore Rifles

nomad

Re: .416 Remington preperation
      22/01/05 06:46 PM

Make sure it ejects a live round when the bolt is pulled back very quickly rather than letting it sit on the follower. Some Remingtons in 375 do this. Remington don't cut the rear receiver ring away like Model 70 and with some of them the bolt when pulled back very quickly is fully back and the case hits the side of the rear receiver ring and drops free onto the follow.

Make sure the extractor easily slides over the case rim on chambering. Some Remingtons have problems here because the extractor hangs a bit low. The fix is a Sako extractor.

You might want to bed and free float for accuracy. The couple I have had anything do with, one which I owned for a little while not long after they came out were very accurate. Neither had any problem ejecting a loaded round when the bolt was pulled back very quickly.

Remingtons have the biggest recoil lug in the business and more stock material behind the recoil lug than an other rifle so they are solid in this department. If they are still the same they will not have a second recoil lug on the barrel and they don't need one.

Mike

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* .416 Remington preperation nomad 22/01/05 04:14 PM
. * * Re: .416 Remington preperation **DONOTDELETE**   22/01/05 06:46 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1504

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com