Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: 100 Per Cent Sure

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

FourTails
.224 member

Reged: 07/01/04
100 Per Cent Sure
      21/01/05 11:38 AM

I've mulled over the perfect double rifle for quite awhile now. Talked to Butch Searcy a few times. Listen, read about, and fondled quite a few doubles that I thought were nice. Today I hopped into the little money pit and flew south to Woodring Airport, with my lst double rifle behind the seat. After parking just outside Champlin, Inc. and meeting the two yellow labradors at the side door (I don't recommend this) I went to the front door. The receptionist, Judy I think, apologized saying all the gun guys were out to lunch. She asked if I'd made an appointment and I stated, "No. But, I did want to talk to JJ Peradue about a firearm repair." Well, long story short. I was excorted to the gun vault to pass the time admiring at my leisure the pieces left behind by George Coswell. He being absent at the SCI convention. One imparticular double caught my eye. I carefully picked it out of the rack and began to admire it. Then I sat down in one of the chairs in the vault. Strategically placed to break one's fall after pricing was discussed, I'm sure. Anyway, the balance-perfect. The workmanship outstanding and to me it felt like I thought a double should feel. It had the right name on it too. Holland & Holland, caliber 500/450, 3 1/4 inch. God, it was beautiful! Judy came in and asked if I'd like a bib. However, luck was with me. It was not for sale. Reason being and if I looked at the tags right the double was the very one Ole' Robert Redford carried in the movie "Out of Africa". The gun may have been a movie star and owned by George but for thirty minutes in that gun vault it became mine. One hell of a nice way to spend thirty minutes of my life. I looked at a Champlin Brousse shortly thereafter. They look mighty fine. Truthfully, I haven't seen but just a couple of doubles I didn't care for. Kinda reminds me of what a judge in the Miss Universe Contest endures. Good shooting! Mike

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* 100 Per Cent Sure FourTails 21/01/05 11:38 AM
. * * Re: 100 Per Cent Sure Rusty   21/01/05 08:38 PM
. * * Re: 100 Per Cent Sure Chasseur   21/01/05 02:49 PM

Extra information
1 registered and 139 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1258

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com