Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Cape Buffalo vs Asiatic Water Buffalo Hunting

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Ardent
.275 member

Reged: 19/11/12
Loc: Northern British Columbia, Can...
Re: Cape Buffalo vs Asiatic Water Buffalo Hunting
      09/03/14 03:58 AM

I do believe you wouldn't regret the Cape Buffalo hunt, it was and remains my best hunt of all time even topping Lion. It is also one of the scarce classic Dangerous Game hunts, something every passionate hunter should experience in his life. Africa is a whole different flavour than Australia, and if you pick the right place, will be one of the best experiences of your life. I would highly recommend seeking out areas outside South Africa for Cape Buffalo, South Africa has great animals but all are found in high fence. Don't take this as a huge knock, it is not the shameful stain many make it out to be and think it is. High fenced properties are universally larger than big islands I've hunted, and are fully wild inside, one property I drove across takes time periods measured in hours to meet the fence on the other side travelling by Landcruiser. The fence is there to ensure the animals stay where they are safe and to keep poachers out, not to mention the property managers own the wildlife on the property and it is a major investment for them. Heck, even National Parks are high fenced, such as Pilanesburg National Park, for the same reason.

Now this all said, the experience of Africa sans fences and all is nearly extinct in many areas and is going that way overall. So I would jump on it while you can, and it is alive and well in areas of Zimbabwe, Namibia (Caprivi strip), and Mozambique. You'll get the flavour of real Africa there as well.

Angus

--------------------
www.morrisonarms.com

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Cape Buffalo vs Asiatic Water Buffalo Hunting TOBY458 18/02/14 03:04 PM
. * * Re: Cape Buffalo vs Asiatic Water Buffalo Hunting Pancho   05/03/14 05:17 AM
. * * Re: Cape Buffalo vs Asiatic Water Buffalo Hunting TOBY458   06/03/14 01:02 AM
. * * Re: Cape Buffalo vs Asiatic Water Buffalo Hunting NitroXAdministrator   06/03/14 04:28 AM
. * * Re: Cape Buffalo vs Asiatic Water Buffalo Hunting Ardent   09/03/14 03:58 AM
. * * Re: Cape Buffalo vs Asiatic Water Buffalo Hunting NitroXAdministrator   10/04/14 01:47 AM
. * * Re: Cape Buffalo vs Asiatic Water Buffalo Hunting TOBY458   24/03/14 01:35 PM
. * * Re: Cape Buffalo vs Asiatic Water Buffalo Hunting Ardent   26/03/14 01:14 PM
. * * Re: Cape Buffalo vs Asiatic Water Buffalo Hunting eagle27   26/03/14 05:35 PM
. * * Re: Cape Buffalo vs Asiatic Water Buffalo Hunting BB416   26/03/14 10:57 PM
. * * Re: Cape Buffalo vs Asiatic Water Buffalo Hunting TOBY458   04/04/14 11:42 AM
. * * Re: Cape Buffalo vs Asiatic Water Buffalo Hunting eagle27   24/03/14 07:33 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 32 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2717

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com