Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Great but somewhat underrated big bore cartridges

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Big Bore Rifles

Yochanan
.375 member

Reged: 26/01/03
Loc: Volksdiktatur Schweden
Re: Great but somewhat underrated big bore cartridges
      05/10/13 09:26 PM

375 flanged great cartridge and now there is a 375 V-C rimmed. 375 Flanged is perfect for a double to go just about anywhere.

400 H&H, to many other alternatives already established on the market. 416 Rigby would be my choice.

500/416 is a great cartridge, basically 416 Rigby performance but rimmed - lots of penetration.

450 Rigby rimless is a great design but hard to work up reduced loads for if you like to use it for pigs or bear if Scandinavia.

505 Gibbs has the history etc. but sales of ammo shows 500 Jeffery is more popular today and outsells the 505. 505 Got a very limited range of components to choose from as well.

--------------------
© "I have never been able to appreciate 'shock' as applied to killing big game. It seems to me that you cannot kill an elephant weighing six tons by ´shock´unless you advocate the use of a field gun." - W.D.M. Bell: Wanderings of an Elephant Hunter.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Great but somewhat underrated big bore cartridges CZ_hunter 05/10/13 07:25 AM
. * * Re: Great but somewhat underrated big bore cartridges 500Nitro   05/10/13 07:30 AM
. * * Re: Great but somewhat underrated big bore cartridges Waidmannsheil   05/10/13 11:18 AM
. * * Re: Great but somewhat underrated big bore cartridges Yochanan   05/10/13 09:26 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 15 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3065

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com