Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Double Rifle builder

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Building Double Rifles & Gunsmithing

Matabele
.300 member

Reged: 16/09/10
Loc: Zimbabwe
Re: Double Rifle builder
      07/09/13 09:56 PM

Hi Jumbo!

I visited Ralphs workshop about 8 months ago, as I was interested in ordering a custom falling block from him. He showed me a 500NE built on a Ruger clone made in his workshop, that I had seen pictures of before and honestly was a little underwhelmed, the finishing was not quite there and it had a fair bit of slop in the action. Despite that I was going to go ahead and order a gun and discussed my concerns with Ralph who said he could fix all the lttle niggles I had. Several emails and telephone calls later over a period of several weeks to try and get a quote or estimated delivery time for my project, I gave up chasing after him as he just didn't get back to me with any figures or a time line. I have heard about some good reviews about his bolt action guns and believe he makes some very accurate target rifles, but there is a big difference between those and double rifles obviously. My impression was, and I could be completely off the mark, that he is mostly self taught and while there is nothing inherently wrong with that in itself it does mean there are going to be some teething problems before they perfect the product. Like I said just my $0,02. I did see his double at the Huntex show in Joburg and it looked impressive!

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Double Rifle builder Jumbo 07/09/13 04:03 PM
. * * Re: Double Rifle builder Matabele   07/09/13 09:56 PM
. * * Re: Double Rifle builder Jumbo   07/09/13 10:43 PM
. * * Re: Double Rifle builder Matabele   08/09/13 03:09 AM
. * * Re: Double Rifle builder Jumbo   08/09/13 04:38 PM
. * * Re: Double Rifle builder Matabele   10/09/13 02:25 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3189

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com