Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Identifying an Interarms Mark X action

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

Grenadier
.375 member

Reged: 20/02/08
Loc: North of the Columbia, USA
Re: Identifying an Interarms Mark X action
      29/04/13 09:49 AM

The action of the 7mm looks just like the .375 actions they made. The most important changes are the reduction of the feed ramp to accommodate the longer H&H cartridges and the cutout in the forward ring to assist loading. The magazine has been altered to add more room to the front. There is also a tiny bit more room added to the rear of the magazine by using thinner metal in that area than on the standard action.

In addition to the Whitworth marked rifles, long actions were also used for making Mark-X versions in .375 with US style sporter stocks. If Interarms was making .375 Whitworths at the same time they were making .375 Mark-X rifles, it would make good sense to put Mark-X or Whitworth on the barrel instead of the action. That way they could use an action for either. I have seen rifles so marked.

My guess is that the rifle and action were put together by someone other than the factory. Are there proof marks on the right side of the front ring and the barrel just beyond that? If not then you know it left the factory without being barreled. If proof marks are present it still doesn't rule out the possibility that someone replaced a .375 barrel with a 7mm barrel.

If it loads and feed 7mm Rem Mag properly, and it should, then why worry? You should be able to put the bottom metal into the action without a stock and find out. If you don't like it you could rebarrel or make use of the extra space for a long 7mm cartridge.

If it was mine, I would rebarrel it to .400H&H. I had that done to an early Whitworth and it worked out quite well.

--------------------
~

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Identifying an Interarms Mark X action UtahShotgunner 29/04/13 02:34 AM
. * * Re: Identifying an Interarms Mark X action 500Nitro   29/04/13 03:04 AM
. * * Re: Identifying an Interarms Mark X action 458Win   29/04/13 03:25 AM
. * * Re: Identifying an Interarms Mark X action UtahShotgunner   29/04/13 03:49 AM
. * * Re: Identifying an Interarms Mark X action 500Nitro   29/04/13 05:26 AM
. * * Re: Identifying an Interarms Mark X action UtahShotgunner   29/04/13 08:00 AM
. * * Re: Identifying an Interarms Mark X action UtahShotgunner   29/04/13 08:18 AM
. * * Re: Identifying an Interarms Mark X action Grenadier   29/04/13 09:49 AM
. * * Re: Identifying an Interarms Mark X action UtahShotgunner   29/04/13 10:27 AM
. * * Re: Identifying an Interarms Mark X action tophet1   29/04/13 12:47 PM
. * * Re: Identifying an Interarms Mark X action Nitro   29/04/13 10:48 PM
. * * Re: Identifying an Interarms Mark X action tophet1   30/04/13 05:54 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 135 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 6193

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com