Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: "Legislation" Rifle

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Caprivi
.375 member

Reged: 30/09/08
Loc: America's Serengeti, Buffalo W...
"Legislation" Rifle
      15/03/13 01:34 PM

This is one of those projects that sprouts up while sitting around the fire. It helps that there is 9months of winter here and plenty of time to "wring ones hands" about firearms ideas.

Since the election of the current Regime in our goverment, there has been a major buying spree of firearms and items to feed them. Shortages abound and prices are in the gouge category. My brother and I where debating (that wringing hands around the fire thing) what rifle to have that will be easy to feed, powerful enough to hunt/defend with, legal, far down the "Abolish" list.

He thought of a few, the normal go-to .30-06, a .243, the proven 30/30....... I went into the vault (really a fortified room) and brought out a rather tired Ruger M77 in .308win. These are acceptable rifles. The .308win is not a favorite but would fit the bill. He somewhat agreed that it would fit the bill.

Later I traded into a bunch of reloading equipment, in there was a as new Redding form/trim 308win die. This stimulated the idea of a "Feed it with anything you find" rifle. I gather some range scrap, some split neck cases from the scrap bucket, as well as digging out a stash of fired .308win cases. I tuned the rifle and tested with a proven load. It will shoot about moa with the little 4x zeiss. With a zero and a accuracy record established the rifle is ready, now to see how obscure a supply of components I can compile.

I went to extremes here, they are left to right; .240wby, .25-06, .270win, .280rem, .30-06 then the next 3 are a 6.5x55, 7x57 and lastly on right is a 8x57. Here is a sequences of forming, cleaning and 4 I loaded to fire form. They are left to right; .243win, .240wby, .270win and the 8mm Mauser

--------------------
To live life as it is handed to me from God

Edited by Caprivi (15/03/13 03:00 PM)

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* "Legislation" Rifle Caprivi 15/03/13 01:34 PM
. * * Re: "Legislation" Rifle HistoricBore   15/03/13 09:17 PM
. * * Re: "Legislation" Rifle Caprivi   16/03/13 01:35 PM
. * * Re: "Legislation" Rifle HistoricBore   17/03/13 02:43 AM
. * * Re: "Legislation" Rifle Caprivi   17/03/13 06:15 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 28 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2282

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com