Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Checking groups from your double rifle - how long to cool?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Checking groups from your double rifle - how long to cool?
      29/12/12 06:51 PM

What I personally do. Not saying it is right or wrong. So interested in what others do.

When testing rounds in a double rifle, building up new reload formulas, or just trying it out to see if it is regulating, etc.

I fire the first two rounds. In the past used to load one barrel at a time. Often would walk out to the target to mark the impact before shooting the second barrel. I can do this as it is a private home range. And then walk out to mark the second shot. This probably means substantial time between each shot. Though sometimes I would shoot both shots before going out to mark the impacts.

Now I think this was wrong. I should always shoot both barrels soon after each other. Then walk out to mark the targets etc and let the barrels cool during the walk before new twin shots. I need a spotting scope to visually mark the right and left impacts though which I do not currently possess.

Tell us what you do and the reasons why? Thanks.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Checking groups from your double rifle - how long to cool? NitroXAdministrator 29/12/12 06:43 PM
. * * Re: Checking groups from your double rifle - how long to cool? NitroXAdministrator   29/12/12 06:51 PM
. * * Re: Checking groups from your double rifle - how long to cool? Bonde   29/12/12 07:17 PM
. * * Re: Checking groups from your double rifle - how long to cool? gungadoug   30/12/12 01:41 AM
. * * Re: Checking groups from your double rifle - how long to cool? NitroXAdministrator   30/12/12 02:36 AM
. * * Re: Checking groups from your double rifle - how long to cool? tinker   30/12/12 03:13 AM
. * * Re: Checking groups from your double rifle - how long to cool? DarylS   30/12/12 05:24 AM
. * * Re: Checking groups from your double rifle - how long to cool? tinker   30/12/12 06:21 AM
. * * Re: Checking groups from your double rifle - how long to cool? eagle27   30/12/12 07:59 AM
. * * Re: Checking groups from your double rifle - how long to cool? NitroXAdministrator   30/12/12 12:21 PM
. * * Re: Checking groups from your double rifle - how long to cool? eagle27   30/12/12 01:35 PM
. * * Re: Checking groups from your double rifle - how long to cool? NitroXAdministrator   30/12/12 01:44 PM
. * * Re: Checking groups from your double rifle - how long to cool? NitroXAdministrator   30/12/12 01:48 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 70 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4488

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com