Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Verney-Carron Impact Inline rifle - a successor to the BAR?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Australia, NZ & the South Pacific

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Verney-Carron Impact Inline rifle - a successor to the BAR?
      04/11/12 02:59 AM

Verney-Carron Impact Inline rifle - the successor to the BAR in Australia?

I handled one of these in France at St Etienne and was impressed with its handling. Might be called a pump action, but V-C calls it "in-line". Because the forend doesn't operate as the pump, instead it is fixed and the metal slide slides forwards to load the rifle.

As Aussies know, we don't have access to semi-auto firearms, but "pump actions" rifles are permitted. Sambar hunters used to love their BAR's and this could be the replacement rifle.

Calibres currently include the 9.3x62 which would be excellent for sambar, as well as pigs, other deer, and larger species, even buffalo. I could see it would be great for driven game in Europe too.

Other calibres currently include: 7x64; 270 WMS; 7mm Rem Mag; and 300 Mag. But I was told the .308 and .30-06 will be available in the future so excellent new options in the future for Australian medium game.

The trigger felt fine too.

The extended magazine of 5 shots would be handy too.

Trophy Arms of Essendon imports them and I see they are advertised on usedguns for about $1900.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Edited by NitroX (04/11/12 03:11 AM)

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Verney-Carron Impact Inline rifle - a successor to the BAR? NitroXAdministrator 04/11/12 02:59 AM
. * * Re: Verney-Carron Impact Inline rifle - a successor to the BAR? NitroXAdministrator   04/11/12 03:37 AM
. * * Re: Verney-Carron Impact Inline rifle - a successor to the BAR? vikram   05/11/12 03:07 AM
. * * Re: Verney-Carron Impact Inline rifle - a successor to the BAR? aromakr   05/11/12 07:07 AM
. * * Re: Verney-Carron Impact Inline rifle - a successor to the BAR? NitroXAdministrator   05/11/12 03:48 PM
. * * Re: Verney-Carron Impact Inline rifle - a successor to the BAR? AkMike   05/11/12 05:33 PM
. * * Re: Verney-Carron Impact Inline rifle - a successor to the BAR? VerneyCarron   05/11/12 09:52 PM
. * * Re: Verney-Carron Impact Inline rifle - a successor to the BAR? NitroXAdministrator   05/11/12 11:16 PM
. * * Re: Verney-Carron Impact Inline rifle - a successor to the BAR? AkMike   06/11/12 06:28 AM
. * * Re: Verney-Carron Impact Inline rifle - a successor to the BAR? NitroXAdministrator   28/11/12 07:14 PM
. * * Re: Verney-Carron Impact Inline rifle - a successor to the BAR? DarylS   29/11/12 02:31 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 17120

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com