Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: English double rifle & fitting accessoires?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Konstantin
.224 member

Reged: 22/06/12
Loc: Vienna
English double rifle & fitting accessoires?
      03/07/12 10:09 AM

Hello,

after some years of searching I bought myself a nice old doublerifle (Nitro Express) , which unfortunately came without a rifle case. After some weeks of searching I get me one from England. It's still on his way to me, so not having seen it live, but from the pictures it looks just perfect. Not that old, maybe 30 years, but therefore in perfect condition!

Now I'm after some typical gun and rifle case accessoires which have been delivered by the London manufacturers in former times (approximately 1905)- with an Nitro Express Double Rifle. Accessoires to fit the compartments of my rifle case, like:
A) classic English turnscrew set,
B) cleaning Rod (detachable)
C) striker key
D) striker Box
E) ?

I allready have searched the internet several times and found a lot of Websites, Shops, and resellers which sell items like mentioned before. The prices varies e.g. from 80 US$ up to 380US$ for a set of 3 turnscrew with a buffalo Horn handle. To be honest, I don't think that I will ever use them, but for the case I have to, I want a tool of good quality which won't harm the screws when take them out. But which set will give you best price for value? Does anyone can tell me, if and how there are differences by quality. I saw offers from UK, IT and the US...and everyone states that there own one is the best

Another point is, I like to have the Design as near by the origin as possible.

Concerning B) Can someone tell me if the typical kind of cleaning rod for DR always were the ones that have been made out of brass; as for shotguns the detachable made out of rosewood, or have doubles been fitted with rosewood rods too?

If you can suggest a special seller or address where I can get good accessoires, I realy apreciate it.
For any other hint that has a subject to my question, you are welcome.

Cheers
Konstantin

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* English double rifle & fitting accessoires? Konstantin 03/07/12 10:09 AM
. * * Re: English double rifle & fitting accessoires? doubleriflejack   07/07/12 05:41 AM
. * * Re: English double rifle & fitting accessoires? 500Nitro   07/07/12 07:19 AM
. * * Re: English double rifle & fitting accessoires? Igorrock   07/07/12 04:38 PM
. * * Re: English double rifle & fitting accessoires? Konstantin   07/07/12 11:16 PM
. * * Re: English double rifle & fitting accessoires? Igorrock   04/07/12 02:46 AM
. * * Re: English double rifle & fitting accessoires? Konstantin   07/07/12 01:34 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 142 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4710

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com