Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: My Brother Taylor's new build. Thought you should see!

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Muzzleloaders & Blackpowder

DarylSModerator
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
My Brother Taylor's new build. Thought you should see!
      21/06/12 06:13 AM

[Quote] Taylor]
I just finished this one for Leatherbelly.(local friend and BP shooter)..it features a 50" 28 gauge John Getz barrel inlet into a piece of PA red maple by and from Mark Wheland (great inlet Mark). The wood is stained with Ferric Nitrate crystals and water, and finished with Circa 1850 tung oil. Leatherbelly intends ( I believe) to mostly shoot ball out of her, so for a pattern, I used Chamber's PA fowler profile with some modifications...length of pull 14 1/2", changed the wrist, but used all of the hardware from Chambers' PA fowler. Those of you who have purchased John Schipper's new book on engraving, will recognize that I too have a copy. Wonderful book!! I browned the barrel, case hardened the screws, and polished the lock bright. Leatherbelly hasn't even seen her finished...maybe tonight!

Need I say "Taylor" is my favourite builder. Yes, I'm predudice'd.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* My Brother Taylor's new build. Thought you should see! DarylSModerator 21/06/12 06:13 AM
. * * Re: My Brother Taylor's new build. Thought you should see! Dphariss   25/06/12 11:34 AM
. * * Re: My Brother Taylor's new build. Thought you should see! Ben   25/06/12 11:36 AM
. * * Re: My Brother Taylor's new build. Thought you should see! CowboyCS   25/06/12 01:54 PM
. * * Re: My Brother Taylor's new build. Thought you should see! FATBOY404   25/06/12 03:23 PM
. * * Re: My Borther Taylor's new build. Thought you should see! bakposten   21/06/12 08:30 AM
. * * Re: My Borther Taylor's new build. Thought you should see! texan72   21/06/12 08:37 AM
. * * Re: My Borther Taylor's new build. Thought you should see! kamilaroi   21/06/12 11:18 AM
. * * Re: My Borther Taylor's new build. Thought you should see! Viking338   21/06/12 11:31 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  DarylS 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4207

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com