Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Will a Chapuis 470 hold is value of time?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

DUGABOY1
.400 member

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: TEXAS USA
Re: Will a Chapuis 470 hold is value over time?
      22/11/04 01:23 PM

In reply to:

Maybe something can be learned from the newcomers to these forums afterall?

A truer quote was never written! No information, is in-valid, simply because the despencer, is unknown!

As to the origenal question, and as someone already stated, the re-sale depends on the price paid in the first place! Also, the thought about the market being a lot larger in the field grade rifles of any make, gives a better chance of recouping some of your money. Most folks who can afford to buy a $20K, or up, rifle, will buy a new rifle made to order, or a very well documented used "NAME" Britt!

New double rifles, will inverably be discounted when sold used, just as the old lower grades did when they were sold after only four or five years use, by the origenal buyer! When they were only a five years old used double rifle, they were not collector pieces as they are today, and sold as used rifles, nothing more! The formula given above, by someone, about the resale, is valid for the new double rifles. It would have been valid for the older rifles when they were five years old, as well! When the new doubles, of today, are 80, or 90 years old, they will be colector pieces as well, and will sell for far more that the price paid new! One simply cannot compare the priceing of collector pieces, against a contemparary piece!

I say if you are buying to sell, then buy a good Britt rifle, and spend the money it takes to tune it into top condition. That is machanical restoration, more than refinishing.

--------------------
..........Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY1, and MacD37 founding member of DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com
"If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Will a Chapuis 470 hold is value of time? bonanza 18/11/04 01:42 AM
. * * Re: Will a Chapuis 470 hold is value of time? new_guy   18/11/04 10:29 AM
. * * Re: Will a Chapuis 470 hold is value of time? 500grains   18/11/04 03:49 AM
. * * Re: Will a Chapuis 470 hold is value over time? bonanza   18/11/04 04:43 AM
. * * Re: Will a Chapuis 470 hold is value over time? 4seventy   23/11/04 12:16 PM
. * * Re: Will a Chapuis 470 hold is value over time? k80   26/11/04 02:04 PM
. * * Re: Will a Chapuis 470 hold is value over time? new_guy   18/11/04 10:36 AM
. * * Re: Will a Chapuis 470 hold is value over time? 500Nitro   18/11/04 12:14 PM
. * * Re: Will a Chapuis 470 hold is value over time? new_guy   18/11/04 12:30 PM
. * * Re: Will a Chapuis 470 hold is value over time? DUGABOY1   22/11/04 01:23 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 25 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1998

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com