Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

twobobbwana
.333 member

Reged: 25/11/11
Loc: Queensland, Australia
Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo
      29/05/12 02:14 PM

I've just finished reading "Fear no Death" and watching "Death at my Feet". Though I bought the cheap edition of "Fear No Death" Mark autographed the book for me and I appreciate it as he did not have to.

Mark Sullivan is definitely opinionated however, I feel, It is opinion derived from experience.

In his book and dvd he spends alot of time explaining/defending why he hunts the way he does.

He debunks a hell of a lot of myths associated with hunting Africa's dangerous stuff. Especially the "shoot Buffalo up the nose when they're charging"..........and he has the pictures and witnessess to prove his point of view.

I especially like the comment about "if everyone takes a camera on safari why aren't there more pictures of these PH's facing up close charges" (my words......not meant to be a direct quote as I don't have the book in front of me)........it's because they haven't faced the charges.

He also relates how difficult it is to get most Buffalo, wounded or not, to charge.

Another thing that he mentions is how poorly most clients shoot. This will be an ego buster right here for most "hairy chested types". But he has the experience of alot of clients to base this opinion on. Honestly ask yourself can you regularly hit a tennis ball at 20 yards with your favourite "African cannon" off hand ???? Most guys can't do it with their favourite deer rifle.

He is very "in your face" about Binocular bras. But try shooting skeet, "gun down", with your binoculars fixed in the middle of your chest via a binocular bra and see how many times you snag your gun on them............and remember you'll only suffer embarrasment doing this.......think of what you'd suffer in an actual charge situation.

He has a very definite "style" or manner about him that wrankles alot of people. But if you get your "Ass out of joint" if everyone doesn't agree with your opinion you'd better get used to living in a cave by yourself because it's not going to happen.

Give him his due. He has extensive dangerous game experience. Put all ego asside and watch his dvds (borrow them if you're only going to see 5 minutes of them) read his books and glean from them what you will. But keep and open mind while you do.

I have no association with Mark other than buying his books and dvds. I have never met the man and will not profit from these comments. I don't agree with everything he says but understand where he's "coming from". I think his "delivery" is a result of being truly passionate about what he's doing and, given his experience, he'd resent the pure Bullsh*t that's written about a topic he is intimately familiar with.

I've just ordered "Death and Double Rifles" and "Greatest Buffalo Charges".

Fellas, Ladies, take these comments how you will. Just remember "Free advice is usually worth everything you gave for it".

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo NitroXAdministrator 05/04/11 12:51 AM
. * * Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo Sville   05/04/11 03:51 AM
. * * Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo FATBOY404   05/04/11 07:24 AM
. * * Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo JabaliHunter   05/04/11 08:42 PM
. * * Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo mikeh416Rigby   05/04/11 11:36 PM
. * * Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo DarylS   06/04/11 12:12 AM
. * * Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo bigmaxx   06/04/11 02:46 AM
. * * Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo chuck375   17/04/11 07:04 AM
. * * Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo tophet1   17/04/11 07:37 AM
. * * Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo Matt_Graham   17/04/11 05:02 PM
. * * Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo HuntingSchneider   25/04/11 04:34 AM
. * * Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo TOP_PREDATOR   27/04/11 06:26 PM
. * * Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo crkennedy1   28/04/11 08:37 AM
. * * Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo twobobbwana   29/05/12 02:14 PM
. * * Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo Rule303   29/05/12 04:14 PM
. * * Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo Mike_Bailey   29/05/12 08:02 PM
. * * Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo Jaguarhunter   30/05/12 07:50 AM
. * * Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo twobobbwana   30/05/12 10:41 AM
. * * Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo DarylS   30/05/12 10:51 AM
. * * Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo twobobbwana   30/05/12 11:36 AM
. * * Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo Mike_Bailey   30/05/12 05:22 PM
. * * Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo twobobbwana   31/05/12 09:27 AM
. * * Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo NitroXAdministrator   18/04/11 09:26 PM
. * * Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo EricD   25/04/11 02:50 AM
. * * Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo NitroXAdministrator   25/04/11 03:09 AM
. * * Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo chemarq   17/04/11 10:47 PM
. * * Re: Mark Sullivan point blank on hippo mikeh416Rigby   06/04/11 02:44 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 29 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 11061

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com