Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Two Old Boys

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Australia, NZ & the South Pacific

capra
.224 member

Reged: 13/07/10
Loc: NSW
Two Old Boys
      30/04/12 04:41 PM

Just before easter got out for a quick hunt to have a look if one of the big stags had turned up. I had heard this bloke starting to roar the week before but didnt get a good look at him. Got back up the following weekend at daylight to hear him really going for it. I got in close following him & his 3 hinds for two hours, he wasnt the one I was looking for as there are bigger but in the end I took him as he is bigger than what I already have. Ended up be a very even 7x7, in his prime.

Next weekend had my good mate Jack coming for a hunt. I had promised him a Red Stag for ages but his work & my work never matched up but this weekend it fittted in great. I enjoy listening to his stories of hunting big game from around the world. I sat & listened for ages about his hunts for Marco Polo, Markhor, & other sheep & goats. We hunted hard all day saturday, looking over many stags, not being able to catch up with others, a frustrating day for sure. We could have dropped the hammer on a 6x5 saturday arvo but held off for something else.We looked over others on  sunday morning, then decide to pack up & go & have a look at the 6x5 at the front of the property on the way home. We headed up the gully to sit & wait. Just as we got there, a red started to roar back down towards where we parked the car. We waited for half an hour, this bloke was getting more & more worked up so we went back down to check him out. Couldnt believe it. Not more than a hundred yards from the car, parked out in the open was an old 6x7 stag with one hind. He was a real old warrior, a great old bush head. I had never seen this stag before. John didnt even hesitate, this old bloke would do him. He had weeds wrapped around the base of his antlers, filthy I left the video in the car, even though it was close by I couldnt risk getting busted by the reds.
  Tony

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Two Old Boys capra 30/04/12 04:41 PM
. * * Re: Two Old Boys Ben   30/04/12 05:04 PM
. * * Re: Two Old Boys capra   01/05/12 09:42 AM
. * * Re: Two Old Boys Sarg   01/05/12 09:16 AM
. * * Re: Two Old Boys capra   01/05/12 09:45 AM
. * * Re: Two Old Boys gryphon   01/05/12 10:47 AM
. * * Re: Two Old Boys Sville   01/05/12 04:28 PM
. * * Re: Two Old Boys Drew_Jaeger   15/07/12 03:18 PM
. * * Re: Two Old Boys kamilaroi   15/07/12 08:00 PM
. * * Re: Two Old Boys alexbeer   30/04/12 09:34 PM
. * * Re: Two Old Boys controlled_feed   30/04/12 10:35 PM
. * * Re: Two Old Boys DarylS   01/05/12 03:07 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4204

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com