Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Accepting commissions for new double rifle work

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

DBLGN
.224 member

Reged: 16/10/07
Loc: Colorado, USA
Accepting commissions for new double rifle work
      10/04/12 09:53 AM

I have been delaying this post in hopes that I could time it with the announcement that my web site is up and running, but no such luck.

I am accepting new commissions for double rifle work. I am offing two basic services. The first, I can build an extra barrels for your double rifle. You may have .500 N.E. and want a set of 450/400 barrels - I can build them for you. Another reason for extra barrels is that the new barrels will be capable of shooting the new monolithic solids without concern for the safety of your vintage barrels. In general, these barrels will be of "shoelump" construction, so there will be no seams and the barrels contours can closely match the original barrels.

The second service is what most of you know me for, building a double rifle on a shotgun action. I have a couple of donor actions in the shop, that can be purchased if you have me build the rifle.

I also do parts replacement for SxS double rifles and SxS double shotguns. Generally this means building the parts from scratch and fitting them to the gun.

I have integral top ribs for sale, as well as hollow mid-rib and underrib sets. The integral top ribs come in two styles, hollow/concave ribs, and flat ribs. I have built a rib matting machine and the flat ribs can be matted in at least 7 different patterns at this time. I also have some tools for sale that are used in the building of double rifles (take-down tools, barrel spreaders, rib clamps, etc.) and once the web site is up, those items will be posted there.

In the past 13 months I have built 6 double rifles. That is a bit misleading, in that it sounds like you can get a double rifle in approximately 2 months. Realistically, there is some overlap on most projects, but once I start a project, it is usually completed in less than 4 months, provided that restocking is not required. I have .458 caliber and 12 bore rifle barrels in stock and could start a project in either of those immediately.

All work is performed on a "first come, first served" basis, and, in fairness to my customers, I will not accept work too far out. I keep up regular correspondence with my customers as to the status of their project - usually on a weekly basis with photos of the progress on their project (email).

Anyone interested in having work done, please PM or email me, and I will send you my current price information. References can be provided on request.

Ellis Brown

--------------------
DBLGN

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Accepting commissions for new double rifle work DBLGN 10/04/12 09:53 AM
. * * Re: Accepting commissions for new double rifle work 577500WR   13/04/12 08:34 AM
. * * Re: Accepting commissions for new double rifle work DBLGN   14/04/12 08:59 AM
. * * Re: Accepting commissions for new double rifle work aromakr   26/04/12 10:43 AM
. * * Re: Accepting commissions for new double rifle work DBLGN   27/04/12 12:50 AM
. * * Re: Accepting commissions for new double rifle work doubleriflejack   28/04/12 07:12 AM
. * * Re: Accepting commissions for new double rifle work DBLGN   28/04/12 10:35 AM
. * * Re: Accepting commissions for new double rifle work DBLGN   13/07/12 09:37 AM
. * * Re: Accepting commissions for new double rifle work Mauser416   13/07/12 11:53 PM
. * * Re: Accepting commissions for new double rifle work CptCurlAdministrator   27/04/12 02:28 AM
. * * Re: Accepting commissions for new double rifle work aromakr   27/04/12 03:06 AM
. * * Re: Accepting commissions for new double rifle work Sarg   27/04/12 08:41 AM
. * * Re: Accepting commissions for new double rifle work AkMike   27/04/12 10:40 AM
. * * Re: Accepting commissions for new double rifle work NitroXAdministrator   14/07/12 01:01 AM
. * * Re: Accepting commissions for new double rifle work BillfromOregon   15/07/12 01:46 AM
. * * Re: Accepting commissions for new double rifle work DBLGN   27/04/12 11:13 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 113 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 8670

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com