Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Bummed out by "Tracks Across Africa with Ivan Carter

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Bummed out by "Tracks Across Africa with Ivan Carter
      02/04/12 02:44 PM

Quote:

Bummed out? Did you ever see a doco of whole herd of them shot out of a chopper by some sort of Park`s service mob? It was disgusting to see it unfold as cows were trumpeting their futile protests loudly at the hovering chopper,calves screaming in fear....very very ordinary it was!

Which is why in Zimbabwe it is very hard for a foreignor to get access to an elephant herd cull hunt. And even rarer for film or photographs to be taken. Because people just can't cope with it.

But hunting and conservation is not just about grinning heads posing with a 'trophy' beast.

Far more than that tokenism, if elephants are in excess numbers science has shown the best culling method is to take out whole herds. From the youngest to the oldest.

Regarding cow ele hunting, I have done it and will do it again. Last time I pushed only for tuskless cows and was lucky to be able to take tuskless for both I took.

Cow ele hunting is far more exciting than bull hunting (per reports - I have never been able to afford a trophy ele hunt) and part of hunting.

As for filming it, people say it provides ammunition for the antis, probably does. I think educating people is a good thing though especially hunting. Of course animals have "feelings" only people completely divorced from nature wouldn't think that. Animals are animals however and are not human.

Seeing an ele butchered would turn the average metrosexual urbanite off. I as a hunter found it very interesting. The average metrosexual "plastic monkey" urbanite would find a deer being gutted sickening btw.

Showing it on TV? Probably not the best idea, better for hunting DVDs where 99% are hunters only seeing it and hopefully can use their minds to understand what is going on and why.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Bummed out by "Tracks Across Africa with Ivan Carter Westley375 01/04/12 09:18 AM
. * * Re: Bummed out by "Tracks Across Africa with Ivan Carter kamilaroi   01/04/12 06:47 PM
. * * Re: Bummed out by "Tracks Across Africa with Ivan Carter Ben   01/04/12 07:11 PM
. * * Re: Bummed out by "Tracks Across Africa with Ivan Carter gryphon   01/04/12 07:42 PM
. * * Re: Bummed out by "Tracks Across Africa with Ivan Carter NitroXAdministrator   02/04/12 02:44 PM
. * * Re: Bummed out by "Tracks Across Africa with Ivan Carter gryphon   02/04/12 07:27 PM
. * * Re: Bummed out by "Tracks Across Africa with Ivan Carter JPK   23/04/12 12:24 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 29 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3341

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com