Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Are these tourists stupid or what?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

mikeh416Rigby
.450 member

Reged: 24/02/03
Loc: The beautiful Oley Valley, PA....
Re: Are these tourists stupid or what?
      13/03/03 11:00 PM

The following story demonstrates why there are rules, and they should be followed: 6 or 7 years ago, my hunting partner and I spent 4 days in Kruger Park doing a bit of photography, and video work. We were staying in a bush camp not too far from the Orpen Gate. We were traveling with a P.H. friend of mine, his wife, and their young son. Late one afternoon we were headed back to camp and we passed a park ranger on the road who flagged us down and told us he had just seen a pride of lions about a mile from where we were, and he gave us very specific directions as to their location. We thanked him, and headed toward them. We followed his directions to a T, stopped the Toyota Hi-lux and started looking. After 10 minutes or so, we couldn't find them. Then just as we were getting ready to leave, figuring that they had moved on, my friends wife saw a tail twitch in the grass only 15 or so yards from the truck. About a minute later, 12 lions stood up in the grass, which was no more than 15-18 inches high. The most distant lion was only 30 yards away. I was shocked at how close we were, for so long, and couldn't see any of them. I guess that's why they tell you to stay in your vehicle. Rules are made for a reason.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Are these tourists stupid or what? News 23/01/03 01:35 PM
. * * Re: Are these tourists stupid or what? mikeh416Rigby   13/03/03 11:00 PM
. * * Re: Are these tourists stupid or what? mikeh416Rigby   12/03/03 11:06 AM
. * * Re: Are these tourists stupid or what? NitroXAdministrator   13/03/03 01:12 AM
. * * Re: Are these tourists stupid or what? gryphon   13/03/03 11:44 AM
. * * Re: Are these tourists stupid or what? Bigfive   12/03/03 05:04 PM
. * * Re: Are these tourists stupid or what? SafariHunt   23/01/03 03:11 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 35 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1741

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com