Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: S&W .44 Hand Ejector, First Model - Triple Lock

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Handguns

zimhunter
.333 member

Reged: 05/02/04
Loc: Southern Arizona
Re: S&W .44 Hand Ejector, First Model - Triple Lock
      08/03/12 04:45 PM

In the early 1950's while at Gunsmith school I bought a triple lock. It came from Alaska. I went back to school in the deep south and met a Professor at the school who was a gun collector and more or less went to work for him. He had a tremendous collection which we added to and this was back in the days when you could buy a case of Winchester Winder Muskets, brand new in the original case from a company in Switzerland of all places. We were forming a state gun collectors association at the time and we were going to a show and packing things to display. He had a nickel plated pearl gripped triple lock that was particularly nice. As we were noting the serial numbers of what we were taking we came to the triple lock and as he read off the serial number it struck a chord. I went home and got mine and they were consecutive numbered. Needless to say I sold mine to him and have often wondered what happened to them after his death. I took the money I got and bought an unfired Merwin and Hulbert that didn't stay around nearly long enough. We got letters on the triple locks from S&W and one was shipped to Alaska to a store and the other went to a distributor in St Louis. What are the odds of that happening.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* S&W .44 Hand Ejector, First Model - Triple Lock CptCurlAdministrator 03/02/12 11:52 PM
. * * Re: S&W .44 Hand Ejector, First Model - Triple Lock bonanza   04/02/12 12:38 AM
. * * Re: S&W .44 Hand Ejector, First Model - Triple Lock sxsrifle   04/02/12 12:12 PM
. * * Re: S&W .44 Hand Ejector, First Model - Triple Lock spinna   04/02/12 11:29 PM
. * * Re: S&W .44 Hand Ejector, First Model - Triple Lock CptCurlAdministrator   05/02/12 01:28 AM
. * * Re: S&W .44 Hand Ejector, First Model - Triple Lock MacNaughton360   05/02/12 03:54 PM
. * * Re: S&W .44 Hand Ejector, First Model - Triple Lock spinna   05/02/12 10:54 PM
. * * Re: S&W .44 Hand Ejector, First Model - Triple Lock zimhunter   08/03/12 04:45 PM
. * * Re: S&W .44 Hand Ejector, First Model - Triple Lock CptCurlAdministrator   10/03/12 10:47 AM

Extra information
2 registered and 29 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4120

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com