Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Wonderful Watervalley (best viewed theaded)

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Australia, NZ & the South Pacific

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Wonderful Watervalley (best viewed theaded)
      29/10/04 01:20 AM

Ann

I understand there are several separate sections.

One section has reds, fallow, chital and sambar.

Another section has the same except for rusa and no sambar.

Another large section has wapiti but I haven't seen that section.

Maybe more. A large area has lots of lakes for which Watervalley is nationally awarded and in season duck shooting. I hope to be there then next year along with 600 (!) other duck shooters. That amount of water to me is fantastic SA and Aust in general (South of the tropics) being quite dry.

The wapiti herd above is not hunted but utilised for velvet deer farming. Still impressive to see hundreds of bulls from horizon to horizon.

Sambar and rusa will interbreed therefore they need to be separated. Same for reds and wapiti. Some interbreeding may have occurred at one time but they shoot thousands of deer for export venison so many of them would have been taken out.

I would imagine most of the feed is grazing though there are large areas and strips of bush which allow the trphy stags to escape too all too easily.

Total size is in excess of 100,000 acres (40,000 ha) behind wire.

Ann

If you venture down this way and the time is available and OK for my work I'll take you for a hunt down there.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Wonderful Watervalley (best viewed theaded) NitroXAdministrator 25/10/04 12:09 AM
. * * Re: Wonderful Watervalley (best viewed theaded) Matt_Graham   27/10/04 02:26 PM
. * * Re: Wonderful Watervalley (best viewed theaded) NitroXAdministrator   28/10/04 09:40 AM
. * * Re: Wonderful Watervalley (best viewed theaded) NitroXAdministrator   28/10/04 09:53 AM
. * * Re: Wonderful Watervalley (best viewed theaded) AspenHill   28/10/04 10:47 PM
. * * Re: Wonderful Watervalley (best viewed theaded) NitroXAdministrator   29/10/04 01:20 AM
. * * Re: Wonderful Watervalley (best viewed theaded) Bakes   25/10/04 11:49 AM
. * * Re: Wonderful Watervalley (best viewed theaded) NitroXAdministrator   25/10/04 12:25 AM
. * * Re: Wonderful Watervalley (best viewed theaded) NitroXAdministrator   27/10/04 01:22 AM
. * * Re: Wonderful Watervalley (best viewed theaded) NitroXAdministrator   27/10/04 01:26 AM
. * * Re: Wonderful Watervalley (best viewed theaded) 475Guy   25/10/04 10:43 PM
. * * Re: Wonderful Watervalley (best viewed theaded) NitroXAdministrator   26/10/04 12:18 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 7371

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com