Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Large PG hunt suggestion?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

tophet1
.400 member

Reged: 15/09/07
Loc: NSW, Australia
Re: Large PG hunt suggestion?
      20/07/11 07:54 AM

Lars,

For best value for money I would recommend a cull hunt. These are sometimes offered towards the end of the hunting season as a management tool in areas where game numbers are excessive.

In the past I have been offered a cull hunt for Bluewildebeast that fell through when the land owner sold up before my arrival. From memory I could have shot 6-9 blue wildebeast (The poor mans buffalo) in Kwa-Zulu Natal for day rates over 5 days (plus I had already planned for other game).

I would not discount South Africa just yet or Namibia. Both of which you are familiar with. The trick is to find these opportunitys which are often word of mouth and last minute. These culls occur and the land owners would prefer you pay day rates to do it, than them having to pay a cull professional to come in or for themselves to do it.

I haven't seen too many cull hunts for larger animals and I'm not confident you would get a giraffe. I have seen cull hunts for Gemsbok offered. I would start spending a lot of time contacting every taxidermist (who are a bit of a hub of info and gossip as everyone comes to them) operator and P/H in southern Africa. Spell out EXACTLY what you want (including the giraffe) and get them to make an offer. Do not accept their opening price. You will be surprised what pops up.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Large PG hunt suggestion? Schauckis 20/07/11 02:52 AM
. * * Re: Large PG hunt suggestion? mikeh416Rigby   20/07/11 08:56 AM
. * * Re: Large PG hunt suggestion? NitroXAdministrator   20/07/11 09:52 PM
. * * Re: Large PG hunt suggestion? Schauckis   21/07/11 04:26 AM
. * * Re: Large PG hunt suggestion? SafariHunt   13/08/11 02:24 AM
. * * Re: Large PG hunt suggestion? MClark   17/08/11 01:51 PM
. * * Re: Large PG hunt suggestion? tophet1   20/07/11 07:54 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 291 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2419

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com