Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Nikon Scope

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Big Bore Rifles

mudbug
.275 member

Reged: 08/12/03
Loc: U.S.A/Wyo.,Ak.&La./H.K.&P.R.C.
Re: Nikon Scope
      29/08/04 06:22 PM

I put one on my .375 H&H last year. So far, so good. It was found to be brighter and clearer than a comparable Swaro and Leupold LPS (those owners determined that and I bought it based on my own 'stack test'). Cant tell you about it being rugged or not - yet. It's taken a pretty good beating in the last 11 months and just got back from a Zambia 21 day chase there. The friend who borrowed my gun for that event has ordered one for his Win .338.

Mine is on a Whtby, w/low Talley QD's (not extension rings but regular ones). Can see the front sight up to about ~2.75 pwr. All in all, I'd guess it to have had ~ 350-375 rounds shucked through it with some pretty hot stuff in the batch. Hot enough to hurt the shooter. I generally pack a spare scope with me everywhere I go but haven't done that for this gun and setup yet. It's my 1st 30mm scope and to be honest, I'm a little uneasy not having a back up scope when travelling but this one does have a Lyman peep sight that is already zeroed and can just be popped in the slot and your off to the chase again.

I'm about to put it in boot camp again and if I find any shortcomings, I'll post them. At the moment, I'm thinking there's little more out there in this category that offers as much quality and value. But, again, time will tell. Didn't mean to blather so long here.

Mudbug

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Nikon Scope New416 28/07/04 04:20 PM
. * * Re: Nikon Scope 500grains   30/08/04 02:48 AM
. * * Re: Nikon Scope mudbug   30/08/04 08:41 AM
. * * Re: Nikon Scope mudbug   29/08/04 06:22 PM
. * * Re: Nikon Scope atkinson6   28/08/04 07:30 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1899

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com