Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Handgun Hunting DownUnder by Lynn Thompson ColdSteel

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Australia, NZ & the South Pacific

Matt_Graham
Sponsor

Reged: 26/02/04
Loc: Australia
Re: Handgun Hunting DownUnder by Lynn Thompson ColdSteel
      23/06/11 02:55 PM

The laws have indeed changed - no importation of handguns for hunting purposes since 2001. In the NT safari hunting with a suitably licenced PH/outfitter (one with an H-class endorsement) can be done legally, using the outfitters own handguns. This is facilitated by the incoming hunter requesting a H-class endorsement on his Overseas Visitors Permit - or an Australian hunter through a simple permit. The conditions are that the hunt be done with the outfitter on his property/lease and only with the outfitters guns. It is a pretty neat provision to have - thanks to the requests of hunters and outfitters and some nice PFES people!!

With regard Lynns hunts on the DVD - 2 of the 3 hunts were done with us on our concessions, the other with another outfitter. I was only present for a few days of the 14 days he spent with us but I sure did see some spectacular kills... Lynn is a savage shot, when he has his mind in the right place. I saw him headshot drop two donkeys in two shots from my Redhawk 44M, with a lean on a vehicle window frame, both at over 100m... probably just because I challenged him... of course a handgun is capable of such things if the shooter does the right thing.

Lynn was using Hornady 300XTP which showed minimal expansion and surprising penetration. Yes the DVD shots look impressive but you do have to remember there was a video editor at work too!!!

In two weeks time I pick-up my new Super Redhawk 454 Casull .... for round 2 of the Cold Steel Buffalo Lunacy.... this time he will be hunting with a Cold Steel Samburu Spear (with 454 at hip and 450NE over his shoulder - me holding it!!) ... unless he chickens-out!!!

--------------------
www.huntaust.com.au

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Handgun Hunting DownUnder by Lynn Thompson ColdSteel NitroXAdministrator 11/06/11 10:58 PM
. * * Re: Handgun Hunting DownUnder by Lynn Thompson ColdSteel Ben   12/06/11 12:54 AM
. * * Re: Handgun Hunting DownUnder by Lynn Thompson ColdSteel tinker   12/06/11 01:37 AM
. * * Re: Handgun Hunting DownUnder by Lynn Thompson ColdSteel Perry   14/06/11 09:40 AM
. * * Re: Handgun Hunting DownUnder by Lynn Thompson ColdSteel Sarg   14/06/11 12:44 PM
. * * Re: Handgun Hunting DownUnder by Lynn Thompson ColdSteel 264   14/06/11 08:19 PM
. * * Re: Handgun Hunting DownUnder by Lynn Thompson ColdSteel Matt_Graham   23/06/11 02:55 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2638

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com