Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: New minimum bullet weights for hunting in South Africa

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Powdersmoke
.224 member

Reged: 08/02/11
Loc: Pine Town Natal South Africa
Re: New minimum bullet weights for hunting in South Africa
      13/06/11 10:58 PM

I completely agree John! Especially your lizard "caliber", they can be dangerous little b@stards at times! Please note that I have not even touched on the bird category, I think that the minimum recommended caliber for ostrich was a twin twenty mil oerlikon, regardless of the fact that they are flightless, and that is an anti aircraft caliber here........ in all seriousness, we are all so tired of all the pathetic little games here, that is why I gave up (albeit temporarily) on my quest for a double, this is an excerpt from my motivation letter as to why I needed a double rifle, and the response.........

"I wish to purchase a double rifle,(470NE) as I am a PH in sub Saharan Africa, and would use it as a back up firearm to protect my clients, and to dispatch any animal that I deemed to be suffering unnecessarily, I would like to have the rifle with me whilst I am at home in South Africa, as I have nowhere safe to leave it when I come home" and the response........

"Mr X, it has been made clear to you that you already have 30 06 on your license (my .458 is a company weapon, and not mine), why is it that you need a caliber heavier than this to back up your clients?" I think it was the sub Saharan Africa thing that threw them, here is my short but meaningful response to the individual involved.......

"Dear Mr X, I certainly hope that I have the pleasure of your company on a hunt, one day sooner rather than later, and that you @#ck up a shot on an angry buffalo, and that it charges you whilst I am standing BEHIND you with your large caliber rifle, and that you run out of bullets, whilst I bounce 168gr bullets of it's soft teddy bear like hide, and if by some miracle the buffalo does not gore you to death, I will be happy to put you out of your misery with my 30 06"

So far I have not had a response, do you think that I may have come over as sarcastic at all?

Regards.

Powdersmoke.

--------------------
There can never be too much gun........

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* New minimum bullet weights for hunting in South Africa NitroXAdministrator 11/06/11 01:48 AM
. * * Re: New minimum bullet weights for hunting in South Africa Mike_Bailey   11/06/11 03:55 AM
. * * Re: New minimum bullet weights for hunting in South Africa PHMadness   11/06/11 05:36 AM
. * * Re: New minimum bullet weights for hunting in South Africa tophet1   11/06/11 07:45 AM
. * * Re: New minimum bullet weights for hunting in South Africa FATBOY404   11/06/11 08:34 AM
. * * Re: New minimum bullet weights for hunting in South Africa DarylS   11/06/11 10:58 AM
. * * Re: New minimum bullet weights for hunting in South Africa 9.3x57   11/06/11 01:14 PM
. * * Re: New minimum bullet weights for hunting in South Africa Powdersmoke   11/06/11 06:41 PM
. * * Re: New minimum bullet weights for hunting in South Africa NitroXAdministrator   11/06/11 08:08 PM
. * * Re: New minimum bullet weights for hunting in South Africa lancaster   11/06/11 09:18 PM
. * * Re: New minimum bullet weights for hunting in South Africa Mike_Bailey   11/06/11 09:19 PM
. * * Re: New minimum bullet weights for hunting in South Africa DarylS   12/06/11 01:10 AM
. * * Re: New minimum bullet weights for hunting in South Africa Powdersmoke   13/06/11 07:19 PM
. * * Re: New minimum bullet weights for hunting in South Africa NitroXAdministrator   13/06/11 07:40 PM
. * * Re: New minimum bullet weights for hunting in South Africa Powdersmoke   13/06/11 10:58 PM
. * * Re: New minimum bullet weights for hunting in South Africa Powdersmoke   13/06/11 11:06 PM
. * * Re: New minimum bullet weights for hunting in South Africa Mike_Bailey   14/06/11 01:05 AM
. * * Re: New minimum bullet weights for hunting in South Africa mikeh416Rigby   11/06/11 05:14 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 193 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3923

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com