Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: More 35.303 load development - DOOH

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Cast Bullets

Perry
.275 member

Reged: 09/11/10
Loc: Qld Australia
Re: More 35.303 load development - DOOH
      11/06/11 09:15 AM

Morning Fella's

There is no problem with seating the CBE 358250 deeper in the case in regards to allowing the case to chamber other than the gas check being below the case neck. I was concerned with the potential for gas cutting. I have no experiience with this but from what I've been told and read I thought it likely.

I had been thinking about the merits of leaving the throat of my chamber as is and simply using the 208 gr proj but I am a proponent of heavy for calibre projectiles. From my limited knowledge of ballistics I thought a longer heavier Cast bullet would be advantagous despite generally being less ballistically efficient compared to a Jacketed projectile of the same mass.

I have little knowledge of longer throats on Rifles and have been told opposite sides of the argument many times - always in the negative by folks who shoot Jacketed projectiles. I decided to get my Rifles throat lengthened based on what I'd researched, positive comment and experience from a mate with decades of experience and yesterdays discussion with Les and Allan at Pine Rivers Gunshop

The CBE 358250 projectiles are 1.031" with gas check and if seated below the crimp groove and front band would be the same overall length as a cartridge loaded with the 358315 proj seated to the crimping groove. They are .931 long with gas check. I also wonder about a shorter overall cartridge length than this not feeding through my magazine

On the subject of Gas checks, I am using Hornady's. Dear as poison too buy in Australia, 1/2 the price to buy OS. Does anyone here have any experience with the various Aftermarket Gas check making dies.

regards Jacko

--------------------
"To my deep mortification my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' " -Charles Darwin

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* More 35.303 load development - DOOH Perry 10/06/11 01:57 PM
. * * Re: More 35.303 load development - DOOH 450_Ackley   10/06/11 05:50 PM
. * * Re: More 35.303 load development - DOOH DarylSModerator   11/06/11 12:45 AM
. * * Re: More 35.303 load development - DOOH Tatume   11/06/11 02:00 AM
. * * Re: More 35.303 load development - DOOH Perry   11/06/11 09:15 AM
. * * Re: More 35.303 load development - DOOH DarylSModerator   11/06/11 10:55 AM
. * * Re: More 35.303 load development - DOOH Perry   11/06/11 01:31 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  DarylS 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2817

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com