Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: WR Fauneta- SCI Update

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Paradox and Bore Guns

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: WR Fauneta- SCI Update
      03/02/11 01:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Explora is a different animal, plan is to start making the Fauneta again in 28 and 20 bore to start.

I would think the 12 and 20 to be the best chamberings if they were to do 2 different cartridges. The 28 is/was practically useless therefore their rarity.

The 28 is hardly useless my friend, that statement is rather an unfair judgement. Actually the 28 shoots a faster velocity than the 12 or the 20 Fauneta LT's according to the book. Of course less grains in bullet weight but still very useful and more accurate at longer ranges due to its flatter trajectory. As quoted from the Westley Richards book 'Guns & Rifles' 1812-1912. Two hunters in the book expressed how useful it was in Africa at long ranges. A small portion of a quote as follows; "and kills game up to the size of Zebra as well as any other rifle." They also mention other quotes by known hunters of the day with regards to big Moose being taken and even Crocodile with the 28.

Ross Seyfried will also attest to the fact of how useful the 28 is, as we have spoken at length about his 28 droplock and its performance.

To each his own I suppose as far as calibre choice, but I would use a 28 any day and feel comfortable with it. Not to mention resale and collectability is much higher as well on that piece.

Would love to see them introduce the Explora as well, don't bet me wrong. But the OP asked about the Fauneta not the Explora.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* WR Fauneta- SCI Update CommandCar 02/02/11 12:10 PM
. * * Re: WR Fauneta- SCI Update CommandCar   12/04/12 01:42 AM
. * * Re: WR Fauneta- SCI Update gatsby   12/04/12 02:12 AM
. * * Re: WR Fauneta- SCI Update CommandCar   12/04/12 01:07 PM
. * * Re: WR Fauneta- SCI Update 470evans   03/02/11 01:39 AM
. * * Re: WR Fauneta- SCI Update Anonymous   03/02/11 10:11 AM
. * * Re: WR Fauneta- SCI Update gatsby   03/02/11 12:30 PM
. * * Re: WR Fauneta- SCI Update Anonymous   03/02/11 01:27 PM
. * * Re: WR Fauneta- SCI Update gatsby   03/02/11 04:38 PM
. * * Re: WR Fauneta- SCI Update Anonymous   03/02/11 01:32 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 23 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  tinker 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 5221

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com