Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Mountain Lion to Bait?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

Ingwe
.275 member

Reged: 08/07/04
Loc: Texas
Re: Mountain Lion to Bait?
      27/07/04 07:50 AM

In reply to:

As to california Lions who knows, hell they jump on and eat people, they have lost all fear of man as have the bears and good for them..Any bunch of people that would stop all hunting then whine about losing dogs, kids and old folks, begged for it, it was bound to happen and they were forewarned many times before the laws were passed.........

Boy, could we actually be so fortunate as to have all the green weenies in CA eaten by lions and bears, placing that great state back in the hands of the normal people?

I was talking to a good friend of mine the other day who is from the Monterrey region of Mexico. I know there to be very high lion populations in this area, so I asked him about the panteras there. (He speaks no English). Anyway, his eyes lit up and grew large as he began to tell me that basically they are up to their eyeballs in them. Then he emphatically began telling me a story of how one time he was riding his bike along a mountain road, and his dog was with him, running along right behind the bike. A lion suddenly came from nowhere and killed the dog. He was telling me also that they have a real problem over there with lions in their garbage dumps which are always located around the outer edges of the towns, and I believe him. I guess if a lion will so enthusiastically hit a Mexican garbage dump, their palate cannot possibly be all that delicate. Anyway, he tells me that the way they hunt the lions over there is by staking a cabrito in an area known to be "hot," and setting an ambush position. He even invited me to go there with him and hunt them in this way. He said for me not to try to bring any of my own firearms into the country, but that I could use his father's 30.06. He says that you don't really have to do anything to get the cabrito to make noise, they just kind of bleat constantly on their own. He says that you will nearly always have your lion within three days. I believe I will have to take him up on this offer, and I believe that I will also try this method later in the year when I go to west Texas. Although, with all the instances of lions eating dogs and eating coyotes out of traps, I am beginning to wonder if maybe they like dog nearly as much as venison, and that maybe I should consider simply going to the local dog pound and picking up all the free bait I will ever need. Hmm.. How's that for political incorrectness? I suppose that if I had Lassie for bait, I wouldn't have to deal with coyotes trying to come to the bait before the lion..

...to be continued

--------------------

Learn from other people's mistakes - you can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Mountain Lion to Bait? Ingwe 12/07/04 07:09 PM
. * * Re: Mountain Lion to Bait? buckeyeshooter   13/07/04 08:49 AM
. * * Re: Mountain Lion to Bait? Ingwe   13/07/04 09:55 AM
. * * Re: Mountain Lion to Bait? DoubleD   13/07/04 11:31 AM
. * * Re: Mountain Lion to Bait? luv2safari   17/07/04 11:10 AM
. * * Re: Mountain Lion to Bait? Ingwe   17/07/04 02:57 PM
. * * Re: Mountain Lion to Bait? DoubleD   18/07/04 12:55 AM
. * * Re: Mountain Lion to Bait? luv2safari   19/07/04 09:05 AM
. * * Re: Mountain Lion to Bait? Ingwe   25/07/04 09:28 AM
. * * Re: Mountain Lion to Bait? atkinson6   27/07/04 05:49 AM
. * * Re: Mountain Lion to Bait? Siskiyous6   23/11/04 09:08 AM
. * * Re: Mountain Lion to Bait? Ingwe   27/07/04 07:50 AM
. * * Re: Mountain Lion to Bait? Taos   13/07/04 02:05 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1759

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com