Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Making a Double Rifle

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Building Double Rifles & Gunsmithing

CHAPUISARMES
.416 member

Reged: 16/01/08
Loc: DUBBO, NSW, AUSTRALIA
Re: Making a Double Rifle
      23/09/10 12:19 PM

Quote:

Thank you very much for your input, although I do have a burning desire to make one, realistically I don't have the time. I was looking at the Sabatti's at Cabelas, and they do look very nice for the money. They were only offering them in the 45-70 and 9.3x74R. I did some research on the 9.3x74R and it looks pretty good for most game. I see that it has been used for all African game by the Europeans for years. Of course I would not want to use it on the big five if I ever do make it to Africa. I would love to use it on all North American game and especially stalking hogs in Texas. My other question is can these Sabatti rifles be re-chambered for a bigger cartridge? The answer is probably no, but I thought I would ask. I am sure the actions are not strong enough to convert the 45-70 into a .458, but that would be great if you could. Any other input would be greatly appreciated.

Hi MKETOOL,

I suggest that you have a look at the Sabatti website as they have a lot more calibers and models available to choose from. As for changing the caliber.... forget it, it would destroy the value of the firearm, warranty and create a very large headache for an extended period trying to regulate it.

I recently purchased a Sabatti in .450 N.E. 3.25" and the quality is exceptional for the price, in fact I owned a Chapuis at almost twice the price for the same quality. This is due I believe to the fact that they are making an entry into the market place and the price is a good way to get the required exposure.

I would suggest that you select a caliber that as you have stated is suitable for Africa remembering the .375 or the 9.3 is the smallest caliber allowed for Dangerous Game and then consider reduced loads for smaller game at home. With the vast amount of reloading products out there it has allowed this to be done more readily than when I was younger.

Cheers for now,

Jeff Gray

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Making a Double Rifle MKETOOL 22/09/10 09:11 AM
. * * Re: Making a Double Rifle JOAT   26/09/10 11:44 AM
. * * Re: Making a Double Rifle JOAT   01/10/10 09:27 PM
. * * Re: Making a Double Rifle MKETOOL   08/10/10 02:44 AM
. * * Re: Making a Double Rifle szihn   08/10/10 06:15 AM
. * * Re: Making a Double Rifle baileybradshaw   22/09/10 01:07 PM
. * * Re: Making a Double Rifle Ron_Vella   22/09/10 09:51 PM
. * * Re: Making a Double Rifle MKETOOL   22/09/10 11:25 PM
. * * Re: Making a Double Rifle CHAPUISARMES   23/09/10 12:19 PM
. * * Re: Making a Double Rifle NitroXAdministrator   23/09/10 02:52 PM
. * * Re: Making a Double Rifle CHAPUISARMES   23/09/10 08:03 PM
. * * Re: Making a Double Rifle touchdown88   25/09/10 10:32 AM
. * * Re: Making a Double Rifle Ron_Vella   23/09/10 10:15 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2082
Calendar Event: 22/09/10

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com