Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Mauser Model B or Model L?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

Kebco
.300 member

Reged: 22/05/06
Loc: PA, USA
Mauser Model B or Model L?
      03/08/10 12:11 AM

Just picked up early Mauser sporter, thought I was getting a model B but now that it is home I have had more time to look and although I have seen any number of Mauser sporters this one is just a little different.
First the barrel is 28" long but unlike all model L's that I have seen the forearm although longer it is not 3/4 length, it is 2 1/2 inches longer than a std model B and the barrel band sling swivel is approx 1" further down the barrel than a std Model B. The sling swivel is of the type that was always on the barrel and not the type that went through the wood on a model L
Two, the stock has the early semi round knob pistol grip with cheekpiece and only checkered at the pistol grip, it does not have any checkering on the forearm (like you would expect to see on a std model B) but does have a horn schnabel cap (appears org)
Three, the round barrel has a straight shank at the receiver end that runs almost 4" then has a sharp step and goes almost without tapper to the muzzle.
Four, the floorplate is the military type that requires you to push in the release. The floorplate itself is much thicker (2 to 3X as thick as you would normally see) and has a dropped box or extended box look to it..
The cal is 10.75x68, has double set triggers, and a fixed rear sight with two leafs attached to the straight barrel shank 2" in front of the action ring, serial in the 25K range. All numbers match.
Has anyone seen anything similar? One of the things I like about Mausers was that almost no two are identical but this one seems to have a mix of features I have never seen before.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Mauser Model B or Model L? Kebco 03/08/10 12:11 AM
. * * Re: Mauser Model B or Model L? dons   03/08/10 12:55 AM
. * * Re: Mauser Model B or Model L? Kebco   03/08/10 01:17 AM
. * * Re: Mauser Model B or Model L? dons   03/08/10 03:15 AM
. * * Re: Mauser Model B or Model L? Kebco   03/08/10 03:38 AM
. * * Re: Mauser Model B or Model L? kuduae   03/08/10 06:20 AM
. * * Re: Mauser Model B or Model L? Kebco   03/08/10 06:57 AM
. * * Re: Mauser Model B or Model L? mehulkamdar   03/08/10 06:00 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 44 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4377

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com