Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Big Head's Tragic Death - From "Buffaloes" by Carl Warburton

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Australia, NZ & the South Pacific

kamilaroi
.400 member

Reged: 18/12/04
Loc: sydney, new south wales, Austr...
Re: Big Head's Tragic Death - From "Buffaloes" by Carl Warbu
      02/06/10 08:36 PM

Quote:

Kamilaroi, you seem to play "bad man down" at every chance. I just happen to be one of those poseurs who uses "Duggaboy" and hunts and write about Cape Buffalo. Have you ever shot one? Ever been charged? I put the fourth .416 into my Dugga Boy at 6 yards. He was coming, but not too fast. He certainly wanted a big piece of me, though.

I've been dangerous game hunting for 15 years and writing about it for the same time.

Am I what you meant by "poseurs"?

If so, come away from the keyboard and hunt with me next year. It's handgun and leopard time. I'll provide the S&W 500.

Or, is the beer just the right temp and the shrimp are done, and, oh, that chair looks sooooo comfortable?

Tom Murphy
Las Vegas, NV
"Dangerous Game Hunting Magazine"

Sigh.

In short, some years back a poster maybe Duggaboy(?) responded that African buff were the duck's guts in aggro and insisted that waterbuff, banteng and wild cattle were mere wimps. Sort of a "my dicks bigger" exercise.

Since then I've been waiting for a similar proponent.

My experience here in OZ is just that (and extensive) but for some blowins to Afika do the "I've got a big ego and chequebook to match" gig bores me to metaphorical tears. Should you want to then write away to your target audience. To set yourself up with a 50S&W is as I understand it using a hot loaded 45/70 and I would imagine you used a "back-up" PH.

In short I identify with the hunters ethos and value the experience rather than what "situations" others by disregard or stupidity might might put themselves and their PH in.

FWIW I have access to game across both the Americas, arctic and northern Europe and bits of Afrik at minimal expense but home is where the heart is.

For sheer rat cunning give me sambhur any day. EOS

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Big Head's Tragic Death - From "Buffaloes" by Carl Warburton Ben 01/06/10 08:43 PM
. * * Re: Big Head's Tragic Death - From "Buffaloes" by Carl Warburton kamilaroi   01/06/10 09:35 PM
. * * Re: Big Head's Tragic Death - From "Buffaloes" by Carl Warbu poprivit   02/06/10 03:21 AM
. * * Re: Big Head's Tragic Death - From "Buffaloes" by Carl Warbu kamilaroi   02/06/10 08:36 PM
. * * Re: Big Head's Tragic Death - From "Buffaloes" by Carl Warbu poprivit   04/06/10 01:43 AM
. * * Re: Big Head's Tragic Death - From "Buffaloes" by Carl Warbu CHAPUISARMES   04/06/10 09:21 AM
. * * Re: Big Head's Tragic Death - From "Buffaloes" by Carl Warbu kamilaroi   04/06/10 12:36 PM
. * * Re: Big Head's Tragic Death - From "Buffaloes" by Carl Warbu Ben   04/06/10 03:57 PM
. * * Re: Big Head's Tragic Death - From "Buffaloes" by Carl Warbu Ben   02/06/10 07:20 AM
. * * Re: Big Head's Tragic Death - From "Buffaloes" by Carl Warbu CHAPUISARMES   02/06/10 10:35 AM
. * * Re: Big Head's Tragic Death - From "Buffaloes" by Carl Warbu CHAPUISARMES   02/06/10 02:52 PM
. * * Re: Big Head's Tragic Death - From "Buffaloes" by Carl Warbu Ben   02/06/10 05:56 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 22 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3642

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com