Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Smith & Wesson Pre-War Heavy Duty (Pre-Model 20)

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Handguns

Checkman
.333 member

Reged: 15/03/08
Loc: Idaho
Smith & Wesson Pre-War Heavy Duty (Pre-Model 20)
      09/11/09 02:09 AM

I was at a local pawn shop a couple weeks ago and I came across a pre-war Heavy Duty with a 5" barrel. In very good condition. Bore very clean. Timing is good, no endshake and diamond magna grips. The Magnas are not period correct however. I believe they are are from the years immediately following World War II. All the serial numbers on the revolver match. It appears that the frame and barrel have been refinished, but not the cylinder.

The price on the tag was $400. Naturally I had to get it.I didn't even attempt to haggle since it was already a very reasonable price so I just paid it. Serial number is 526**. The standard catalog serial number list shows that it was manufactured in 1938. Might be worth paying for a factory letter.

You just don't find Heavy Duty and Outdoorsman revolvers in Idaho. At least that's been my experience.

[/image]

[/image]

[image}http://i36.tinypic.com/mjbbcp.jpg[/IMG][/image]

[/image]

[/image]

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Smith & Wesson Pre-War Heavy Duty (Pre-Model 20) Checkman 09/11/09 02:09 AM
. * * Re: Smith & Wesson Pre-War Heavy Duty (Pre-Model 20) mehulkamdar   09/11/09 03:53 AM
. * * Re: Smith & Wesson Pre-War Heavy Duty (Pre-Model 20) Checkman   09/11/09 04:53 AM
. * * Re: Smith & Wesson Pre-War Heavy Duty (Pre-Model 20) Checkman   09/11/09 02:12 AM
. * * Re: Smith & Wesson Pre-War Heavy Duty (Pre-Model 20) 9.3x57   09/11/09 03:28 AM
. * * Re: Smith & Wesson Pre-War Heavy Duty (Pre-Model 20) Checkman   09/11/09 03:49 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2338

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com