Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Follow up to the canned lion appeal

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

ChinaFleetSailor
.224 member

Reged: 19/11/05
Re: Follow up to the canned lion appeal
      07/11/09 02:02 PM

Ripp,

Enjoy your visit to Texas, and good luck.

I agree entirely with your thoughts; I also have the same problem. There may be room for debate, but not for deception.

I'm not in favor of the "canned" hunting of any species. If by "canned" we're talking about the killing of an animal that can't survive in the wild, never has survived in the wild, and one that does not exist in a sustainable population on the land hunted.

I'm not talking about merely hunting on piece of land that happens to have a fence around it. So long as the fenced property is large enough, and the population of animals is established and not merely released for the pleasure of the shooter, I have no real problem with that.

After all, I've hunted islands. And water is just one kind of natural barrier to the movement of animals that I can think of. So I can't categorically say that an unnatural barrier automatically shifts everything into the "canned" category.

I hope to hunt lion one day, but I wouldn't hunt one under anything except fair chase conditions. But then, the same goes for a Blackbuck or a Scimitar Horned Oryx.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Follow up to the canned lion appeal gryphon 30/09/09 07:57 AM
. * * Re: Follow up to the canned lion appeal bwananelson   30/09/09 09:30 AM
. * * Re: Follow up to the canned lion appeal ChinaFleetSailor   02/11/09 10:01 AM
. * * Re: Follow up to the canned lion appeal Ripp   02/11/09 12:57 PM
. * * Re: Follow up to the canned lion appeal ChinaFleetSailor   07/11/09 02:02 PM

Extra information
1 registered and 36 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2381

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com