Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Open question on the suitiblity of the Baikal sxs shotgun ..

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

ChrisPer
.300 member

Reged: 12/05/08
Loc: Australia
Re: Open question on the suitiblity of the Baikal sxs shotgun ..
      30/09/09 04:47 PM

I chip in without direct expertise here, but would like to suggest that you consider a better make for the base of your work.

In automotive custom projects, it is said that 'the car you start out with is the car you end up with'. Double rifle shooting is a lot of fun, but the reason is partly the glamour of old makers, romantic history and great hunters' stories.

When you choose a Baikal you connect to a long history of five-year plans for tractorisation of collective farms, married to the sleek sporty handling of a T-54 tank.

You are going to put maybe $10,000 worth of your own machining time into this project. Give your work some respect, knock out 10 days worth of custom jobs for cash so you can buy an attractive name brand gun as your base. WIth that you would aim to be proud to carry your work and proud to pass it to the next owner.

Just my opinion! And yes, if someone offered me a nice Baikal I would not be too proud to own it, as is, but would not invest several times its value in custom work.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Open question on the suitiblity of the Baikal sxs shotgun .. sullyva 20/09/09 03:08 AM
. * * Re: Open question on the suitiblity of the Baikal sxs shotgun .. doubleriflejack   29/09/09 06:48 AM
. * * Re: Open question on the suitiblity of the Baikal sxs shotgun .. DarylS   30/09/09 12:36 AM
. * * Re: Open question on the suitiblity of the Baikal sxs shotgun .. ChrisPer   30/09/09 04:47 PM
. * * Re: Open question on the suitiblity of the Baikal sxs shotgun .. Birdhunter50   30/09/09 10:07 PM
. * * Re: Open question on the suitiblity of the Baikal sxs shotgun .. bwananelson   01/10/09 01:48 AM
. * * Re: Open question on the suitiblity of the Baikal sxs shotgun .. bigdog   03/10/09 07:54 AM
. * * Re: Open question on the suitiblity of the Baikal sxs shotgu 400NitroExpress   20/09/09 10:20 AM
. * * Re: Open question on the suitiblity of the Baikal sxs shotgun .. doubleriflejack   20/09/09 04:06 AM
. * * Re: Open question on the suitiblity of the Baikal sxs shotgun .. AkMike   20/09/09 03:14 AM
. * * Re: Open question on the suitiblity of the Baikal sxs shotgun .. bwananelson   20/09/09 03:43 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 55 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3675

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com