Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Hi - And why so quite

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Muzzleloaders & Blackpowder

DarylSModerator
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: Hi - And why so quite
      28/09/09 12:24 AM

Hello Rodders - welcome - there are a number of BP forums, some good, some great and some not so hot. This site gets most of the 'member's form those who shoot ctg. guns, new or antique - many doubles and some bore guns. I-too shoot ML's mostly, at least through the winter time here in Northern BC, Canada. We also hunt with them, my favourites being a 14 bore English Sporting Rifle my brother built for me in 1986, along with a newly aquired .58 Enfield model 1863 Musketoon. The 14 bore is my fovourite, and has dropped several moose for me with it's 484gr. round balls. I also shoot a .45 Longrifle, Lancaster style, a Tennesee squirrel rifle in .32 and a .40 cal. Rook rifle - all with round balls, of course. Only the 14 bore and .58 military rifle are percussion as I prefer flinters nowadays. Even the .58 gets fed round balls only and is very accurate with them, holding 2" at 100 yards. My initial tests with it showed minnies and Lee REAL bullets to hold 4" or larger. The short sight radius doesn't help with fine acuracy, but does still show round balls to be much better. They are also better killers on big game.

PM sent.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Hi - And why so quite Rodders1 27/09/09 05:05 PM
. * * Re: Hi - And why so quite DarylSModerator   28/09/09 12:24 AM
. * * Re: Hi - And why so quite CowboyCS   28/09/09 01:12 AM
. * * Re: Hi - And why so quite Rodders1   28/09/09 07:57 PM
. * * Re: Hi - And why so quite mehulkamdar   30/09/09 11:34 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 32 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  DarylS 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3578

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com