Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Doppelbuchse Drilling - Maker Unknown - Help

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Single Shots & Combination Guns

Buchsemann
.333 member

Reged: 12/12/08
Loc: Wisconsin, USA
Re: Doppelbuchse Drilling - Maker Unknown - Help
      18/09/09 01:27 PM

Raimey,

You have really made my day with your wealth of information. I'm actually kind of speechless at the moment in that it's hard to know where to start with all the questions I have about the many German pieces in my collection. Just for example, the names you have rattled off had me thinking about my Christoph Funk percussion Jaeger rifle (Circa 1830 -1840). Then there is the two Imman Meffert pieces, one a Dural frame Vierling (1938) and the other a Bockbuchsflinte (1928). There is also a very nice 1926 Thieme & Schlegelmilch Bockdoppelflinte.

Back to the subject piece:

The receiver is steel. The only clue I have to the approximate date of manufacture is the "Leg-O-Mutton" case that came with it. The case has a journal written in English (in ink that's very difficult to read) that starts with the underlined date of 1917. After that it lists by month and date the location and the game taken by the individual. For example the sixth entry reads: May 21st Adenau (Germany) one wild boar at 200. I can't make out if the 200 is in yards or meters. It certainly seems like a long shot if that's what it's saying.

Thank you again,

Marcus (Buchseman)

--------------------
Happy the man, and happy he alone,
He who can call today his own:
He who, secure within, can say,
Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today.

- John Dryden

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Doppelbuchse Drilling - Maker Unknown - Help Buchsemann 23/02/09 06:39 AM
. * * Re: Doppelbuchse Drilling - Maker Unknown - Help Der_Jaeger   23/02/09 07:43 AM
. * * Re: Doppelbuchse Drilling - Maker Unknown - Help Buchsemann   23/02/09 10:47 AM
. * * Re: Doppelbuchse Drilling - Maker Unknown - Help ellenbr   18/09/09 10:32 AM
. * * Re: Doppelbuchse Drilling - Maker Unknown - Help Buchsemann   18/09/09 01:27 PM
. * * Re: Doppelbuchse Drilling - Maker Unknown - Help ellenbr   18/09/09 03:41 PM
. * * Re: Doppelbuchse Drilling - Maker Unknown - Help Buchsemann   19/09/09 01:41 AM
. * * Re: Doppelbuchse Drilling - Maker Unknown - Help ellenbr   19/09/09 02:58 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Huvius 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 12223

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com