Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Length of Pull

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Building Double Rifles & Gunsmithing

alexbeer
.333 member

Reged: 10/04/08
Loc: Tasmania, Australia
Re: Length of Pull
      07/07/09 12:10 PM

Quote:

Which method do you use to determine the proper length of pull for your double rifle?

Find some-one who knows what they are doing to help you fit it.

The previous three posts from xausa, Bramble and 408NICKAL are right on.

To shoot the best with it, any gun or rifle should fit you, but if you are planning on chasing dangerous game, the rifle MUST fit you . All things will proberbly go well, but if things go pear shaped, a rifle that fits you could well save the day.

When you get into a car, any car, to go on a long drive, wouldn't you adjust the seat to suit you? It just makes driving heaps more pleasurable and far less tiring. Same with a gun or rifle, get it properly fitted to you and you'll enjoy it even more. It's actually worth a lot more than the money it cost to get it fitted.

Do a little home work first though, don't let "I'll have a crack at it Bob" down the road touch it. Ask around and find someone who knows what they are doing, ask him for the names of some satisfied customers and talk to them first if possible, only then let your chosen stock-fitter fit the stock to you .

This may sound somewhat extreme, but done right, a properly fitted rifle it is a huge advantage, done wrong it will be a huge disappointment and you will wish you had left the damn thing alone.

Repeat - A dangerous game rifle must fit!!

Because mine fits me, I can pretty consistantly hit clay targets sitting on the ground between 10 and 20 yards with out looking at the sights. I can just look at the target, throw the rifle up and squeeze the trigger as the butt comes into my shoulder. It took a little time, but it sure is satisfying to know it "fits".

My $0.02 worth, bit long, but I trust it helps

Alex

alexbeer.com

--------------------

Details matter!

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Length of Pull Mauser416 05/07/09 07:01 PM
. * * Re: Length of Pull Mauser416   08/07/09 02:41 AM
. * * Re: Length of Pull xausa   08/07/09 06:37 AM
. * * Re: Length of Pull alexbeer   08/07/09 08:45 PM
. * * Re: Length of Pull xausa   06/07/09 03:04 AM
. * * Re: Length of Pull Huvius   06/07/09 01:11 AM
. * * Re: Length of Pull Mauser416   06/07/09 09:07 AM
. * * Re: Length of Pull AFRO408   07/07/09 07:55 AM
. * * Re: Length of Pull alexbeer   07/07/09 12:10 PM
. * * Re: Length of Pull Bramble   06/07/09 10:30 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 485

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com