Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Klaserie

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

freischuetz
.224 member

Reged: 05/04/04
Re: Klaserie
      11/04/04 09:31 AM

shakari

I wont have to hold my breath and I don’t want to sell any thing. Believe me my standards are very high.

What is comfortable hunting??

What is wrong with a SAS selection course as adventure holidays???

Lets get this one straight I am not on this forum to sell any thing, nor to market safaris, and I do not want to take any thing away from Tanzania , Zambia or Botswana or for this matter of Zimbabwe, at the same time if I see incorrect information about Moz. I will put the facts straight! We should use this forum to inform hunters, neutral, correctly, objective and honestly (Defiantly not meaning that you not) and at the same time listening carefully to the members questions share experiences and advise as best and if we can. The hunting industry can only survive if the good the bad and the ugly gets separated.

Never have been there a twice allocated concessions in Moz, impossible!
All hunting concession in Mozambique a allocated by public tender all interested parties can attend the opening of submitted tenders and only one company gets the concession. It never happen that different company’s got the same concession. Someone have been BS you at the time.

Following the most likely scenario which happen on your hunt:
Crossing in to next area.
Some people claim to have areas, which their don’t, and ripping people of.
Some lease holder sub-lease which is illegal without written permission of the national director in Maputo!
Some people selling happily hunts on shows and do not have any concession in Mozambique or in any other country.
Some PH’s, or maybe I have to say most, claim to “own the concession’s their hunting in “ in reality their just buy hunts from the concession holder and resell them.
And the list can go on I am sure you came across this before?

If you been on this hunt in the upper Zambezi valley I agree with you is very hot and the terrain, up and down the escarpment, is hard hunting.
In the delta you do find comfortable camps (with doors), and some have toilet and shower build in, not my preference, and there is no bilharzia very few tsetse and their don’t carry. Mosquito’s yes, but I found is easy manageable, far less mosquito’s than in Scandinavia, Canada or Alaska.
I had never malaria (thanks to lariam) bilharzias, or been bitten by tsetse or anything in 11 years in the delta. Same for family and friends.
(only by mosquitoes)

And what makes your think I don’t like it close, a shot of 100 meter on buffalo is desperate and no fun, most shots at 30-50 meters some at 15 meters that is when the fun starts. To open? yes one some places, it is open grassland but then again on some places you can smell them 5 meters in front of you, but you cant see them. You know the feeling.
I would like to post one or two pictures of some herds, yes herds of 600-800+ buff but I don’t know how to post them on this forum.
You cant compare Zambezi valley buff behaviour with the behaviour of the buff in the delta. Conservative hunting quotas, responsible operators, long term concession contract’s are some of the intensives to build-up and manage game areas properly.

Good hunting.

--------------------
Time is your treasure use it wisely you can never replace it

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Klaserie luv2safari 05/04/04 02:29 AM
. * * Re: Klaserie shakari   05/04/04 02:52 AM
. * * Re: Klaserie luv2safari   05/04/04 04:07 AM
. * * Re: Klaserie shakari   05/04/04 05:10 AM
. * * Re: Klaserie freischuetz   06/04/04 05:39 AM
. * * Re: Klaserie mikeh416Rigby   11/04/04 11:40 AM
. * * Re: Klaserie shakari   06/04/04 06:28 AM
. * * Re: Klaserie freischuetz   09/04/04 07:50 AM
. * * Re: Klaserie shakari   09/04/04 04:14 PM
. * * Re: Klaserie freischuetz   11/04/04 09:31 AM
. * * Re: Klaserie shakari   11/04/04 03:24 PM
. * * Re: Klaserie mikeh416Rigby   11/04/04 11:34 AM
. * * Re: Klaserie 475Guy   11/04/04 10:46 AM
. * * Re: Klaserie luv2safari   09/04/04 02:27 PM
. * * Re: Klaserie luv2safari   05/04/04 04:03 PM
. * * Re: Klaserie NitroXAdministrator   05/04/04 11:33 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3569

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com