Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Takedown Turnbolts – Dakota Traveler vs Heym M21

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Brazos_Jack
.224 member

Reged: 28/02/08
Loc: Texas, USA
Takedown Turnbolts – Dakota Traveler vs Heym M21
      16/02/09 08:09 PM

I’m looking for information on the Dakota Traveler and the Heym Model 21 Take Down. Pro’s and Con’s of each? Prices of each?

I know that the Traveler is CRF – Pro
I don’t know whether the Heym is CFR - ?

I know that they both break down in a more conventional fashion than the Sauer or Blaser and therefore offer a shorter package for travel – Pro for both.

I have no clue what either costs - ?

I have never seen more than a few not so clear pictures of either and so have no idea about the quality, reliability, accuracy, or handling characteristics of either - ?

I know Dakota will fit up to 2 barrels to the same action.
Can/will Heym do this?

Does anyone have any experience with or knowledge of either of these? Any information on either one will be appreciated.

For a 2 barrel set to work on either of these, can the cartridges be different lengths as long as the case heads are the same – maybe by swapping magazine boxes as well as barrel/forend assemblies? Or must both cartridges be the same length?

I’m thinking a .30-06/9.3x62 might be nice as well as a .338WM/.416RM. The second set are not the same length and therefore may not be practically doable.

Brazos Jack

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Takedown Turnbolts – Dakota Traveler vs Heym M21 Brazos_Jack 16/02/09 08:09 PM
. * * Re: Takedown Turnbolts – Dakota Traveler vs Heym M21 SharpsNitro   17/02/09 01:00 PM
. * * Re: Takedown Turnbolts – Dakota Traveler vs Heym M21 NitroXAdministrator   17/02/09 05:51 PM
. * * Re: Takedown Turnbolts – Dakota Traveler vs Heym M21 tkv000   17/02/09 03:41 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 66 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3737

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com