Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Small Ring, Straight Wrist, Custom Lightweight...

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

tinker
.416 member

Reged: 12/03/05
Loc: Nevada
Re: Small Ring, Straight Wrist, Custom Lightweight...
      31/10/08 02:40 AM

Don-

Thanks for the weight figure.
I'm still trying to remember where I'd seen a certain modern custom rifle - it was very slender, the builder had reduced the magazine capacity from five to three rounds, as well as some other subtle little touches that all came together in a really slick and simple package.

9.3-

I don't need to tell you how fortunate you are right now *to still have a functional knee* , you could really have screwed the pooch with that machete.

Let it heal!
Take it easy on that thing.

I don't know if this rifle has ever been on a scale. Six and a half pounds isn't so bad, and balance and handling is more important to me than absolute low weight.
As it is right now, the wrist is a club. I'll try to get the time together to photograph it and put it up on this thread. I'll also have to get it on layout paper so I can see exactly what's there vs where I can go with a project plan on it.

Years ago (and for years back then) I used to build custom bicycles. Every component of a lightweight build would get scrutinized, as there were so many components to work with. An ounce here, a few grams there.., in pursuit of the lightest package that would be appropriate for the client everything would be considered. It's amazing how much weight can be saved for little cost, and how great the cost can be for little weight savings in labor, engineering, and bottom line price.

My interest here would be around handling and vanity, and I think that in this case that they will sit nearly together in the hand.

--Tinker

--------------------
--Self-Appointed Colonel, DRSS--

"It IS a dangerous game, and so named for a reason, and you can't play from the keyboard. " --Some Old Texan...

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Small Ring, Straight Wrist, Custom Lightweight... tinker 30/10/08 06:44 AM
. * * Re: Small Ring, Straight Wrist, Custom Lightweight... dons   30/10/08 08:45 AM
. * * Re: Small Ring, Straight Wrist, Custom Lightweight... tinker   30/10/08 09:10 AM
. * * Re: Small Ring, Straight Wrist, Custom Lightweight... mehulkamdar   30/10/08 09:43 AM
. * * Re: Small Ring, Straight Wrist, Custom Lightweight... pjaln   30/10/08 11:21 AM
. * * Re: Small Ring, Straight Wrist, Custom Lightweight... tinker   30/10/08 11:40 AM
. * * Re: Small Ring, Straight Wrist, Custom Lightweight... dons   31/10/08 12:51 AM
. * * Re: Small Ring, Straight Wrist, Custom Lightweight... 9.3x57   31/10/08 01:04 AM
. * * Re: Small Ring, Straight Wrist, Custom Lightweight... tinker   31/10/08 02:40 AM
. * * Re: Small Ring, Straight Wrist, Custom Lightweight... oupa   08/11/08 11:03 AM
. * * Re: Small Ring, Straight Wrist, Custom Lightweight... pjaln   30/10/08 12:34 PM
. * * Re: Small Ring, Straight Wrist, Custom Lightweight... 9.3x57   30/10/08 01:08 PM
. * * Re: Small Ring, Straight Wrist, Custom Lightweight... tinker   30/10/08 03:11 PM
. * * Re: Small Ring, Straight Wrist, Custom Lightweight... 9.3x57   31/10/08 12:26 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 40 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 8183

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com