Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Ivory sales

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

SafariHunt
.333 member

Reged: 02/01/03
Loc: Pretoria RSA
Re: Ivory sales
      15/10/08 04:01 PM

bakerb,

It is a very difficult situation the Kruger park had a culling program which they last used in 1995 since then the population of elephants almost doubled but the size of the Kruger park stayed the same. They are eating themselves out of there making it difficult for everyone and all animals trying to survive with them.

As far as I know there is some type of hush hush culling going over there now since selling the stockpile of ivory now would deplete it I think. And having culls again would take off the pressure for other game and the park itself.

The biggest bullshit running around is that Elephants are not vunerable in any of the Southern African countries. They are overpopulated I just wish that SA would follow some of Zims wisdom and sell elephant for cheap hunting.

Transfrontier Park, making a transfrontier park of the Kruger park between Zim (Who is already over populated) and Mozambique doesnt help either as in Moz they get shot because the elephants eat the locals crops and elephant not forgetting anything still rmember the war of few years back there and dont wander into Mozambique that much.

Solutions are getting a lot of money and translocate 100's of elephants to places like Angola, Kenya and other previously wartorn our poached countries. (Not likely)

Reintroducing full on culling which worked excellent canning tons and tons of elephant meat with a big plant the Park has.

Lastly allow hunters to hunt more elephant in SA.

--------------------
"Sleeping under the African sky I can see nothing wrong with this world!"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Ivory sales gryphon 15/10/08 07:15 AM
. * * Re: Ivory sales bakerb   15/10/08 07:56 AM
. * * Re: Ivory sales SafariHunt   15/10/08 04:01 PM
. * * Re: Ivory sales bakerb   16/10/08 12:44 AM
. * * Re: Ivory sales 450_366   16/10/08 06:11 AM
. * * Re: Ivory sales SafariHunt   20/10/08 04:45 PM
. * * Re: Ivory sales 450_366   20/10/08 05:41 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 117 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2293

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com