Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Bleak Picture for the Mongolian High Altai Argali

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Asia

bakerb
.224 member

Reged: 03/09/08
Loc: SW MO
Re: Bleak Picture for the Mongolian High Altai Argali
      11/10/08 05:45 AM

Thanks for the kind comments. I've made some more inquiries, and am waiting for replies to see just how bad the situation has become. Hopefully it's not as bad as I'm thinking it is. However, it does sound like hunting for the Altai argali is not going to be around forever. Too bad, because it is a magnificent animal.

I would also like to hunt a Marco Polo argali someday as well. They are currently huntable in Krygystan (spelling?) and in Tajikistan as well. Although Tajikistan shares a border with Afghanistan, supposedly the hunting is safer now in Tajikistan because of the presence of troops at the border, and the presence of troops in Afghanistan. Someday I would like to hunt this magnificent animal as well, and this is also a hunt that shouldn't be put off by anybody, becuase it also may not be around forever.

In my personal, humble opinion, and in my twisted, weird mind, I believe the greatest trophies in the world, in no particular order, and for different factors such as pure beauty, magnificence, sheer size and enormity, scarcity, difficulty to hunt, etc. are . . . Altai argali, Marco Polo argali, large tusked elephant, bongo, and mountain nyala. There are many others that could grace anybody's list such as Lord Derby eland, cape buff, North american sheep, the markhor of Asia, ibex and other goats, polar bears, etc. etc. However, for me, the five I listed above are at the top of the heap. Maybe someday

Bake

--------------------
Shots rang out. . . as shots are wont to do.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Bleak Picture for the Mongolian High Altai Argali bakerb 10/10/08 07:35 AM
. * * Re: Bleak Picture for the Mongolian High Altai Argali iqbal   11/10/08 12:06 AM
. * * Re: Bleak Picture for the Mongolian High Altai Argali bakerb   11/10/08 05:45 AM
. * * Re: Bleak Picture for the Mongolian High Altai Argali iqbal   11/10/08 11:47 PM
. * * Re: Bleak Picture for the Mongolian High Altai Argali bakerb   16/10/08 12:53 AM
. * * Re: Bleak Picture for the Mongolian High Altai Argali Cinghiale   10/10/08 03:18 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3276

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com