Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Practicle Classics with fighting history

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Handguns

88MauSporter
.375 member

Reged: 06/06/07
Loc: Alaska / Texas
Re: Practicle Classics with fighting history
      31/08/08 02:26 PM

The C96 is a charm to shoot. It is very accurate and the fast moving bullet would be great for small game. I have carried it several times, but have not taken anything with it. If I had had it when I lived in Alaska in the early 1970's, it would have taken the big snow shoe hares and the high "above tree line" marmotts. The marmotts were like a cross between badger and woodchuck. they lived in the rocks on the high mountains. We hunted them with handguns. I used a .30 carbine caliber Ruger blackhawk, or later with my Woodsman with head shots. They weighed a good 5 to 10 pounds. The meat was like dark meat turkey, and the liver was great. You really needed meat or wanted to hunt these fellow to make the effort. The clime was rough and there was no road or trail. It was a climb. Hand and foot, up and up. The view was breath taking. I have a photo somewhere. The whole matinuska valley and the Alaska range in the distance. Bear were there too in the summer. It kept you alert.

--------------------
"A hunter should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everthing goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." 88MauSporter

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Practicle Classics with fighting history 88MauSporter 28/08/08 01:14 PM
. * * Re: Practicle Classics with fighting history 9.3x57   28/08/08 01:23 PM
. * * Re: Practicle Classics with fighting history Checkman   30/08/08 10:52 PM
. * * Re: Practicle Classics with fighting history 88MauSporter   31/08/08 02:26 PM
. * * Re: Practicle Classics with fighting history mehulkamdar   01/09/08 08:32 AM
. * * Re: Practicle Classics with fighting history 88MauSporter   01/09/08 02:39 PM
. * * Re: Practicle Classics with fighting history dale   31/08/08 05:24 PM
. * * Re: Practicle Classics with fighting history Birdhunter50   31/08/08 10:51 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 26 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3255

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com