Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Erik? Check the Czechs!!

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Re: Erik? Check the Czechs!!
      25/08/08 10:25 AM

Erik, we look forward to seeing it!

Tom, yes, as you say, the CZ550 is not really a controlled round feed. At least mine isn't. It is much more like my Rugers than like a Mauser. Even the claw-extractor Rugers tend to just push the cartridge forward, and some allow it to hop up before actually sliding under the extractor claw, actually much like the old button-ejector Rugers. My Rugers actually gain better purchase of a round than my CZ does, however.

All those with big bore CZ550's should test them to make sure the action will function as a CF action both when operated quickly and S-L-O-W-L-Y.

Overall, I'd rate the CZ550 as just about the equal of a Ruger M77. My CZ's trigger was very easy to adjust, however. And Rugers are very easy to improve. Seems like a tie...

I assume the ZG and ZKK Czechs actually ARE controlled round actions?

Maybe some others with 550's can weigh in here. The action is touted as a CF action, but in my and Tom's case, they are decidedly not.

Mine is accurate enough for me, as posted here: http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showflat....true#Post112466

I have never shot a ZKK and never seen a ZG. The ZKK602 I handled was very crudely finished and I didn't like the concept of the "Lee-Enfield-like" trigger pinned to the trigger guard. I've never read of a complaint with it tho.

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Erik? Check the Czechs!! 9.3x57 25/08/08 01:05 AM
. * * Re: Erik? Check the Czechs!! EricD   25/08/08 04:05 AM
. * * Re: Erik? Check the Czechs!! 9.3x57   25/08/08 10:25 AM
. * * Re: Erik? Check the Czechs!! Paatti   26/08/08 05:32 AM
. * * Re: Erik? Check the Czechs!! Tatume   25/08/08 02:04 AM

Extra information
1 registered and 39 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2766

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com