Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Erik? Check the Czechs!!

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

Tatume
.400 member

Reged: 09/06/07
Loc: Gloucester, Va USA
Re: Erik? Check the Czechs!!
      25/08/08 02:04 AM

CZ550 FS 6.5x55

Quality: overall very good. Pretty wood, barrel nicely free-floated except at steel tip.

Functioning: 100%

Feeding: From obvious Mauser lineage, it's odd that it does not feed a controlled-round, especially as the factory told 9ThreeXFifty7 that the extractor is not designed to snap onto a singly-fed cartridge. Mine strips a round from the magazine, and it goes ever so slightly under the extractor. As the bolt moves further forward, the cartridge jumps out from under the extractor, and when the cartridge enters the chamber, the extractor snaps over the rim. I’ve read of others behaving the same.

Accuracy: Fifty three-shot groups have been fired, five or ten per session. The average of each session is 1.0 inch, with the best groups in the high 0.8’s, most in the high 0.9’s, and the worst groups are 1.4 inches. By my reckoning, it is a dependable 1.4-inch hunting gun.

Scope mounts: It appears that CZ makes rings in only one height, high. My rifle has a Leupold 1-4x Vari-X II scope, which I feel is ideal for this rifle. It would look better and come to the shoulder better if it were lower.

Iron sights: Very good. The sights are easy to acquire, and provide a good sight picture. I have only shot mine at 50 yards, where I’m able to maintain one-inch groups without difficulty.

Trigger: The unset trigger breaks at 3.5 lb with considerable creep. Set, the trigger is crisp and breaks at 1.5 lb. Neither applying the safety nor working the bolt will unset the trigger, but it may be unset by pulling the trigger with the bolt open.

Take care, Tom

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Erik? Check the Czechs!! 9.3x57 25/08/08 01:05 AM
. * * Re: Erik? Check the Czechs!! EricD   25/08/08 04:05 AM
. * * Re: Erik? Check the Czechs!! 9.3x57   25/08/08 10:25 AM
. * * Re: Erik? Check the Czechs!! Paatti   26/08/08 05:32 AM
. * * Re: Erik? Check the Czechs!! Tatume   25/08/08 02:04 AM

Extra information
2 registered and 61 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2751

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com