Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: "NEW" FN Model 70's???

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Big Bore Rifles

hoppdoc
.400 member

Reged: 02/03/06
Loc: Southeastern USA
Re: "NEW" FN Model 70's???
      10/08/08 06:58 PM

Rumor is FN will have a higher quality more accurate gun than the previous Winchesters at a higher price-$1100 to $1200--

Supposedly a big push by FN was made to increase their accuracy.Propaganda or truth? Read the supposed comments below of an industry insider regarding the old vs new guns.Time will tell--

"Initially, the old SC plant was a subcontractor. They were doing shoddy work and Winchester sent inspectors in to try and clean up the situation to no avail.......Rumor has it from some pretty reliable sources that money was getting squandered and the work wasn't improving. FN/Winchester bought them out and tried reviving the situation as best as they could, but the quality was still not there, mainly due to bad setups, tooling and machinery.
FN Manufacturing, with the help of a few individuals closed that plant and used it for storage for the most part. Some of the equipment that was left from New Haven is there, as well as the existing stuff, but mainly it's a warehouse of stocks and old inventory. The best of the lot is what will and has made it's way to the new facility in Columbia.

Being a long-time supplier for Winchester, I can assure you that it is not a business-as-usual situation with FN taking over. If the parts are not in tolerance, they simply don't go on a rifle. I've yet to see a single model 70 in my life that was made to print.........and that goes for pre-64's as well. The new ones will be, or they won't be sold.
The model 70 design has got a bad rap, simply because the design was never executed properly. Either they weren't willing to pay a vendor to make it right or they just didn't know how to run mics, but the simple truth is.......none were made to print.

If FN holds their other vendors, as well as themselves to the stringent requirements that we've been upholding, you as consumers will finally get to see what a model 70 looks like that was made as well as it was designed. So far, I've seen nothing that would indicate it won't happen."

Seems like alot of talk but results?? I haven't seen one yet so will defer to those who have seen the "new" gun.

Edited by hoppdoc (10/08/08 07:10 PM)

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* "NEW" FN Model 70's??? Cinghiale 09/08/08 09:50 PM
. * * Re: "NEW" FN Model 70's??? Ripp   10/08/08 02:19 AM
. * * Re: "NEW" FN Model 70's??? 500Nitro   10/08/08 02:31 AM
. * * Re: "NEW" FN Model 70's??? Ripp   10/08/08 06:30 AM
. * * Re: "NEW" FN Model 70's??? Cinghiale   10/08/08 06:00 PM
. * * Re: "NEW" FN Model 70's??? hoppdoc   10/08/08 06:58 PM

Extra information
3 registered and 92 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2438

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com