Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: help around San Franscisco - Sacramento area

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

tinker
.416 member

Reged: 12/03/05
Loc: Nevada
Re: help around San Franscisco - Sacramento area
      23/06/08 02:00 PM

Dante-

470 brass will likely only be found at Huntingtons.
Call or email them first to make sure they will have some in stock.
Shops who stock extensive reloading components are few and far between here in the state, and of shops who actually do stock *even very good selections of reloading supplies* typically don't stock NitroExpress brass due to very low demand and very high price.
It looks like Huntingtons lists Norma 470 brass. Whether or not they have any in stock is another story. Call them and email them right away and see if they have any in stock, how long it would take to get some if they don't, and if they do have some, if they will hold it for you until you can get there in person to pick it up.

If Huntingtons is a bust, scrub the dealers on the WWW such as midway and grafs, call them and see if they have any in stock, and if they do, consider talking to Tyler at Sportsman's Access, Bob at Old West or Chuck at Contra Costa Collectibles and see if you can get them to let you pay them to order it and have it shipped to their shop next day air for you.
470NE brass is expensive, and if you buy in quantity the extra cost of next day shipping won't be significant to the final per-piece cost -- and you may actually be able to end up getting some to take home with you.

I don't shoot the 470, and I'm not familiar with any tricks or possible surrogate brass to form into 470 if you can't find any, but if you start a thread on it you might be able to get a quick response from someone here who does.

Good luck to you on the brass search. It might take some fast foot work from your end to make this come together for you before you go back home, but I think you have a chance.

Also, thanks for the encouraging words on the knee surgery.
There's some pretty extensive cartilage damage in there too, and I have my fingers crossed on my recovery possibilities with that in particular. I had one of the best surgeons in the state do the work, and I'm confident that I'm getting the best chance I can on a solid, reliable, full recovery.

--Tinker

--------------------
--Self-Appointed Colonel, DRSS--

"It IS a dangerous game, and so named for a reason, and you can't play from the keyboard. " --Some Old Texan...

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* help around San Franscisco - Sacramento area DDouble 12/06/08 07:18 AM
. * * Re: help around San Franscisco - Sacramento area tinker   18/06/08 06:47 PM
. * * Re: help around San Franscisco - Sacramento area DDouble   21/06/08 12:30 AM
. * * Re: help around San Franscisco - Sacramento area tinker   21/06/08 04:13 AM
. * * Re: help around San Franscisco - Sacramento area DDouble   23/06/08 11:28 AM
. * * Re: help around San Franscisco - Sacramento area tinker   23/06/08 02:00 PM
. * * Re: help around San Franscisco - Sacramento area jc5   24/06/08 12:08 AM
. * * Re: help around San Franscisco - Sacramento area tinker   24/06/08 05:20 AM
. * * Re: help around San Franscisco - Sacramento area DDouble   29/06/08 12:52 PM
. * * Re: help around San Franscisco - Sacramento area tinker   29/06/08 02:49 PM
. * * Re: help around San Franscisco - Sacramento area DDouble   16/07/08 01:50 PM
. * * Re: help around San Franscisco - Sacramento area tinker   16/07/08 02:43 PM
. * * Re: help around San Franscisco - Sacramento area sako300   13/06/08 11:12 AM
. * * Re: help around San Franscisco - Sacramento area DDouble   18/06/08 05:37 AM

Extra information
1 registered and 103 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3148

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com