Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Big Game Hunting in Guinea - any advice ?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
Kalunga
.333 member

Reged: 16/06/06
Loc: Germany
Big Game Hunting in Guinea - any advice ?
      #73884 - 15/03/07 05:18 AM

I just read a very interesting offer for a hunt in Guinea. I hunted in Benin and liked the "safari a la francaise"-style, which means lots of walking and less luxury than on safari in southern Africa, but considerably cheaper ( or less expensive !). And in Guinea they got savanna buffalos and forest buffalos, You can take two and if You bump into a lion You can take him as well if You pay the trophy fee ! The prices are very attractive so I am considering to give it a try.
Has anybody on this forum any experience with this newcomer ?
Thanks for Your comments

Kalunga

Wicked good hunting !!!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
EricD
.416 member

Reged: 27/02/04
Re: Big Game Hunting in Guinea - any advice ? [Re: Kalunga]
      #73908 - 15/03/07 10:22 AM

Kalunga,

I don't have any advice to offer, but am curious about if you are you referring to Guinea next to Mali/Senegal/etc., or the much smaller Equatorial Guinea between Cameroon and Gabon?

Erik

Kalunga
.333 member

Re: Big Game Hunting in Guinea - any advice ? [Re: EricD]
      #73937 - 15/03/07 05:51 PM

Hi ErikD

I am referring to Guinea bordering Burkina Faso, Cote D`Ivoire and Guinea Bissau in West Africa. It seems it is a rather exotic hunting destination, but:"Why follow the herd?"

Kalunga

Wicked good hunting !!!

EricD
.416 member

Reged: 27/02/04
      #73939 - 15/03/07 07:59 PM

Kalunga,

If it's a good deal (and there are actually animals in the area you'll be hunting!), I agree it's a great idea to try it out rather than hunt in the usual southern african countries. One of my regrets is that I did not drive into Guinea while passing only 50 km from the border at one time while in neighbouring Mali. I met several people in west africa that had spent some time in Guinea (this was back in 2002), and they all had positive things to say about the country and the people. Despite a lot of police checkpoints on the rugged roads, and bureaucracy. But no worse than in most other nearby countries. However, since this is now some years ago, and things change quickly in Africa, things may have changed for the worse or even gotten better for that sake.

One thing that most likely has not changed is that it is still quite dangerous in the southern part of Guinea, due to diamond smuggling from Sierra Leone and Liberia. This does not affect the northern part of the country though as far as I know.

I hope you will fill us in with more info when you find out more!

Erik

Mario
.224 member

Reged: 10/09/03
      #74513 - 25/03/07 02:29 AM

was mr Anton Ulmer of Mistral Jagdreisen, an austrian agent, who was selling safaris in Guinea. http://www.mistral-jagd.at/

Kalunga
.333 member

Re: Big Game Hunting in Guinea - any advice ? [Re: Mario]
      #74524 - 25/03/07 06:45 AM

Hi Mario
Yes the offer is from Mistral Jagdreisen, they have a good reputation here in Germany, at least as far as I know.
Have You seen the price list? To me it looks fair. I have sent them an e-mail but didn`t get a respond yet. I emphazised that I intend to hunt mature solitary bulls only and will not shoot from a car, maybe they didn`t like that. Let`s see.

Kalunga

Wicked good hunting !!!

Mario
.224 member

Reged: 10/09/03
      #74563 - 25/03/07 06:32 PM

I have the complete price list and more infos. Unfurtunately I'm not able to put in the forum. If you want send me a Pm with your e,mail and I will send you

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 43 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2078

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com