Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: TRADGEDY

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Big Bore Rifles

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Michael
.275 member

Reged: 28/07/05
Loc: Darwin, Northern Territory
Re: TRADGEDY [Re: bigdog]
      #68766 - 04/01/07 05:51 PM

Bigdog,

As the boys have stated before, I too have opened this thread several times yet have not had the words or the composure to post a response. Losing a child is THE worst thing any of us can imagine; in fact, I believe that we cannot imagine something so infinately terrible, yet you have been an inspiration to us all. Being there for the rest of the family and honoring the memory of your beloved son shows me deep well of strenghth that I could only ever hope for if I were in your situation.

I have a three year old boy who is my world. Everything and everyone comes a distant second to him. The strength that you have in carrying on is as I have said before inspirational. I wish you and your family the best for the coming year and may the pain subside and the wonderful memories continue to burn bright.

Michael.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bigdog
.375 member

Reged: 05/02/06
Loc: Southern Illinois
Re: TRADGEDY [Re: Michael]
      #68852 - 05/01/07 02:35 PM

Micheal,
My wife made a huge quilt for me for Christmas. It has 72 8"x8" pictures of Kyle on it, from Baby to the end of his life. It means more to me than any of my guns ever will. It was quite an emotional Christmas for all of us. On Kyle's 15th birthday, Dec. 27th, I took his favorite meal out to the cemetary and had lunch with him. A typical kid, he always ordered the same thing. Two double hamburgers,a large box of fries and two cherry pies, of course from McDonalds,where else. I am sure almost all dads feel the same way. You would do anything for your children. We all think that there is no way another parent can love their kids as much as we love our own. I think that's the way it is supposed to be. On new years eve, we always get together with our extended families and go over the last years happenings. All went well until Stacy got out an hour and forty minute video of Kyles life. She set it to music and put together 1260 pictures to chronical Kyles life. It brought back many wonderful memories and showed how full and wonderful his life was. But there wasn't a dry eye in the house for about 30 ninutes. It is absolutley impossible to describe to someone who does't have children, what it is like to be a parent. It is the greastest feeling!!!

--------------------
Kyle, I love you buddy, Dad

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: TRADGEDY [Re: 500grains]
      #69200 - 10/01/07 07:06 AM

I am deeply and profoundly moved bigdog. I cannot imagine losing one of my girls.
; My prayers are for you and your family.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

bonanza
.400 member

Reged: 17/05/04
Loc: South Carolina
Re: TRADGEDY [Re: DarylS]
      #69302 - 11/01/07 11:57 AM

I'm going to get a a bit philosophical and will step on the toes of some Christians, so; no offense intended.

Some of you may buy into the belief that the universe has a natural explanation, and if so then you and I believe that all matter has existed from the beginning. The atoms in our bodies are as old as the universe. Quantum Mechanics states that we can't precisely measure the state of matter (sub atomic particals to be exact) if we are trying to observe it at the same time. This means that you and I are not what we seem to be at any instantaneous moment.

With this knowledge, I believe that our memories of a dead person is no less than representation our brains conjured when they were alive. The pathology has to be very similar. I think about my dad from time to time and even have conversations (in my mind) that we never had, knowing that his atoms are with us being occupied by some other creature. Does this vanquish the pain of losing a loved one. No but, to me it make sense of death.

--------------------

"Speak Precisely" G. Gordon Liddy.

"Life is absurd, chaotic and we must define its purpose with our actions" Abert Camus

"I''m the dude playing a dude disguised as another dude."

"Yo! Mr. White"

hoppdoc
.400 member

Reged: 02/03/06
Loc: Southeastern USA
Re: TRADGEDY [Re: bonanza]
      #69312 - 11/01/07 01:52 PM

I hope also not to offend non Christians---

The loss of a child is devastating and love must carry that family forward.The beauty of that child doesn't fade.Kyle and our loved ones DO await us after this mortal world dissolves away.How and Why?

More recent mathematical models of the earth suggest that it is impossible that life as we know it has evolved by chance.Expert mathematicians feel far too many variables giving specific results have to occur for that to happen.Evaluation of multiple isolated societies suggests a common concept of good/evil.Logic begets that a God does exist and that he is perfectly good. The existence of evil verifies that a Devil exists and both influence our tendencies.Our immortal soul/consciousness survives our physical death as verified by the commonality of hundreds of seperate near death after-life experiences.

It is not a stretch that an all good God would enable us imperfect mortal beings souls a way to total goodness and peace via a Savior.I believe and have Faith that savior is Jesus Christ and Kyle and our deceased loved ones await our souls after our mortal bodies die. Beautiful good souls of children tragically gone do not fade away, they await us after this mortal world dies.True goodness and judgement await us in the afterlife as goodness would demand. It certainly doesn't occur regularly in this mortal world.I feel it and believe that.The alternative void is unthinkable, nonsensical, and illogical.

--------------------
An armed man is a citizen of his country, an unarmed man just a subject.

Edited by hoppdoc (11/01/07 02:20 PM)

bigdog
.375 member

Re: TRADGEDY [Re: hoppdoc]
      #69425 - 13/01/07 12:25 PM

I know that someday after my time on this earth is over I will get to be with Kyle again. It is something that I look very forward to so much. It is just hard to handle the pain of missing him for the next 10 or 20 or 30 years down here. I realize that compared to eternity in heaven, 30 years down here on earth is a drop in the bucket but..., while on this earth 30 years is a long time to be without a cherished loved one. Kyle, I am thinking of you every single day buddy.

--------------------

Chasseur
.375 member

Reged: 18/11/03
Loc: Hunting classic Indian game!
      #69657 - 17/01/07 11:19 AM

Bigdog,

My deepest sympathies for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

--------------------
In regards to action he should devote himself to hunting...
-Machiavelli

bigdog
.375 member

#71666 - 16/02/07 08:52 AM

A year ago today I went down to Georgia to pick up my 700 nitro from Safari kid. Kyle made the 2 day trip with me. We goofed around on the beach at Tybee island after getting the gun. I am sure glad we spent alot of time together over those two days. Little did I know that 6 weeks later he would not be with us anymore.I still makes me physically sick,I miss him so much. It goes to show you how quickly thing can change and mess up your whole life in a hurry. Everybody out there, make sure you spend alot of time with your family. Always keep track of what is really important and take time out of your busy schedule to enjoy the little things. Don't take anything for granted.

--------------------

bigdog
.375 member

#72921 - 02/03/07 05:11 PM

Hey buddy it has been 11 months now and I still look for you everywhere I go. I am going to the Wichata gun show this weekend. I wish you were going with me like the one last year in Cape Girardeau. That was the last weekend before your accident. Kyle, you are always on my mind and forever in my heart. I think you are with me every time I go shooting. Like the signature will always say, love you buddy,Dad

--------------------

bigdog
.375 member

#74621 - 26/03/07 10:32 AM

Kyle, one year ago today was the accident. I can't believe you haven't been with us for a year. All I can say is that it hasn't gotten any better buddy. I still miss you just as much and to keep it short, IT STILL SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

bigdog
.375 member

#74977 - 29/03/07 11:53 PM

We, had a one year memorial service for Kyle last night and showed a film about his life. It had about 1250 pictures in it. About 200 people showed up and it went real well. It is nice to know that he touched so many people and was loved by so many people. I am proud of him.

--------------------

bigdog
.375 member

#79247 - 23/05/07 12:57 PM

Hey buddy, I never for get about you. You should have graduated from 8th grade tonight up at the school.I hope you got a kick out of the 600 nitro saturday. Those shots were just for you. I miss you more with every passing day. Can't wait to see you again some day. Love you buddy!! dad

--------------------

bigmaxx
.375 member

Reged: 13/06/07
Loc: Bowling Green KY U.S.A.
      #80671 - 15/06/07 12:41 PM

I pray that God is with you all in this time of sorrow and loss. -MaxW

--------------------
One day at a time...

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
      #80682 - 15/06/07 10:18 PM

Bigdog

May God give you and yours all the strength you need for the future.
My deepest condolences..
Ripp

bigdog
.375 member

Re: TRADGEDY [Re: Ripp]
      #80725 - 16/06/07 08:48 AM

I keep trying to deal with it and with God. I still get pretty angry at the big man in charge. I really thought we would get some help in the hospital over the 4 days that Kyle was fighting desparatly for his life. But it did not come. This is an especially rough weekend with fathers day and all. This is the week that his scout troop is at sea base island off of Florida. They go every 3 years and he would have had a real blast at their high adventure island camp. He had been saving for 1 1/2 years so he could make the trip. We are dealing with things the best we can, but it still feels like someone is kicking you in the n--- every mornig when you get up and at bed time every night. It still hurts like hell, but thank you very much for the thoughts and prayers. They are felt and appreciated. Thanks guys!

--------------------

bigdog
.375 member

#86373 - 29/09/07 06:37 PM

Hey Kyle, it has been 47,260,800 seconds since you died, and I have missed you for every damn one of them!! Missing you constantly and still can't make any since of this event what so ever. I am only sure of two things. There is a God, and his answer is no most of the time. Love you buddy!!! Dad

--------------------

beleg2
.375 member

Reged: 15/08/07
Loc: Bahía Blanca - Argentina
      #86381 - 30/09/07 12:49 AM

Just find your thread.
I do not know what to say.
i will just pray for you, and Kyle.
God have way he only knows.....

Best
Martin

peter
removed

Reged: 11/04/07
Loc: denmark
Re: TRADGEDY [Re: beleg2]
      #86389 - 30/09/07 04:13 AM

hi Bigdog

my heart still bleeds for you and your family, i hope one day the pain will be less and the fond memorys will prewail. you will all meet up again somewhere.

my deepest sympaty

peter

Schamankungulo
.300 member

Reged: 21/04/07
Re: TRADGEDY [Re: peter]
      #86396 - 30/09/07 10:56 AM

February 10th was seven years since we lost one of ours .. It aint easy ..

bigdog
.375 member

Re: TRADGEDY [Re: Schamankungulo]
      #89871 - 27/11/07 01:49 PM

Kyle, the 4 bore will have your initials as the serial number KMG 001. You know I am always thinking of you, every single minute!!

--------------------

bigdog
.375 member

#92745 - 27/12/07 04:37 PM

Kyle, I am, as always, thinking of you. Still messing around with 3 or 4 gun projects going. I want you to know how much I miss you each and every minute of each and every day. Happy 16th birthday!!! We should be going to get your drivers license today instead of gathering at your grave site today. The entire extended family will stop by at various times throughout the day. To talk with you. I truly hope you are flying around and doing some of Gods work.Mom and I seem to be just getting buy after 21 months without you. I have never missed someone so much, or shed this many tears for anyone in my life. I just hope you know how much you still mean to us. Watch over your brothers and sisters for me and stop by sometime when I am out shooting. It can be our secret. Love you buddy, Dad.

--------------------

Schamankungulo
.300 member

Reged: 21/04/07
      #92809 - 28/12/07 12:59 PM

Hang in there bigdog buddy ..

It'll get a "little" easier ..

Great that you got some good memories , your son may be gone , but cant take your memories ..

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
      #92813 - 28/12/07 01:06 PM

Based on your relationship--I am sure he is with you all the time...one way or another..
Take care... it will get easier...

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

bigdog
.375 member

Re: TRADGEDY [Re: Ripp]
      #94049 - 11/01/08 04:39 PM

Kyle, I got the 4 bore, last Saturday. I think you will like its name. I named it after a character in our favorite movie, Sandlot, the Beast, hope you approve. I wish on Saturday, Dec 27th we could have gotten you drivers linsence instead of spending your birthday at the cemetary crying. Love ya little man, hard to picture you at 16, happy birthday!!

--------------------

bigdog
.375 member

#100330 - 26/03/08 08:08 AM

Kyle, two years ago today was the accident that changed our lives forever. I still haven't figured out how to pull the knife out of my heart. Out world is still rocked to the absolute core with out you here. I miss you in the morning , at night and every minute in between. I have done some mammoth gun trades and purchases over the past 2 years. I have gotten 2 4 bores, 2 700 Ahr's, 2 600 Ahr's, a 500 double, a 470 double, and a 500 Jeffery. I would gladly give them all away to be able to spend 10 minutes with you. I can't believe I still miss you so much after two years. We are plodding along, but nothing has taken away the everyday pain of not sharing our lives with you. I still think God must have been away doing something else the 3 days you were fighting to stay alive in the hospital. How he could not hear the thousands of prayers for you to get better has me totally dumbfounded. I keep praying that I will get to see you some day. The thought of not seeing you for another 10 or 20 years is very disheartening. We will always love you and you will be in our hearts and on our minds for the rest of our lives.I would still to anything to see you for a few moments. As my line says "Kyle, I love you buddy, Dad". Guns are great, but they are nothing compared to your family. To everyone on this forum, give your precious kids and big hug tonight for me from Kyle. thanks Ken

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
2 registered and 65 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 53382

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com