Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: pump/lever centrefires to be banned in Victoria

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Australia, NZ & the South Pacific

Pages: 1
Les
.224 member

Reged: 04/05/03
pump/lever centrefires to be banned in Victoria
      #34534 - 10/07/05 12:35 PM

Midday abc new today, Victorian Police minister has announced today that all lever and pump action centrefire firearms will be banned in this state (Victoria)and they will be put on the restricted list of firearms, no mention of a buy back, other states will proberly follow, here we go again, the bastards!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
475Guy
.400 member

Reged: 22/08/03
Loc: Kali, US
Re: pump/lever centrefires to be banned in Victoria [Re: Les]
      #34536 - 10/07/05 01:09 PM

Man, you guys are in deepshit. Once you give them an inch, they'll take a mile. Y'all shoulda never let them get away with stuff in the first place.

--------------------
Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place among
them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

Les
.224 member

Re: pump/lever centrefires to be banned in Victoria [Re: 475Guy]
      #34537 - 10/07/05 01:41 PM

Hey 475 how would you like a aussie neighbour, had a gut full of this government of ours, before long we will have nothing, just memories, wouldn't mine moving over with you guys in the States...

bwanabloke
.224 member

Reged: 24/03/05
Re: pump/lever centrefires to be banned in Victoria [Re: 475Guy]
      #34538 - 10/07/05 01:53 PM

I have been waiting for this ,i thought it would have been military rifles that could accept a bayonet .I could just imagine some woman politician saying ''why should anyone be allowed to own a gun with a knife attached to it for stabbing people''or as one woman from the democrats said ''why would anyone want to own a gun ''If this isnt stopped you might as well kiss goodbye to all your guns now !!!!!!!!!!At the last gun buy back,a gunshop owner said''This will never happen again ,its a one off''i thought yeah Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre !!!!

rgp
.333 member

Reged: 17/06/04
Loc: TX & VIC
Re: pump/lever centrefires to be banned in Victori [Re: Les]
      #34539 - 10/07/05 01:59 PM

Les,

No pocketknives and now they want to melt cowboy guns...that police guy needs to be removed from office. Unfortunately if he is removed, he might be replaced with one who is even less reasonable.

475Guy,

Melbourne is a different world...I lived near a military base where there was a big sign saying it was the home of the Australian Military Police Training Battalion...not too far away from that sign was another sign saying "THESE PREMISES GUARDED BY CHUBB SECURITY". Chubb Security personnell guarding the gate appeared to be unarmed.

Richard

475Guy
.400 member

Reged: 22/08/03
Loc: Kali, US
Re: pump/lever centrefires to be banned in Victori [Re: rgp]
      #34543 - 10/07/05 03:23 PM

Les, you better make your move now. There are plenty of places in the Western states that are very gun friendly, just not Kalifornia. If you move now, you may even be able to take your guns with you.

rqp, Chubb Security, huh? I'd feel very, very safe with them around, NOT!

--------------------
Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place among
them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

RLI
.375 member

Reged: 01/10/03
Loc: Victoria, Australia
Re: pump/lever centrefires to be banned in Victori [Re: 475Guy]
      #34544 - 10/07/05 03:57 PM

They will not stop with this gun confiscation or "restricting" legal guns remember 1996 Buyback Prime Minister Howard pushed this on us and now he controls the Senate so expect to lose more and more. He will use the excuse of "this will reduce crime" or it is a "anti-terror measure" . It is all about control of the people with laws in place already for the Army to use force against its own citizens sadly it is the start of the end of Western Civilization . If you want to look at Australia's future now look at Zimbabwe (Rhodesia) or South Africa this is Australia's future, with so many big "minorities" in Australia the government does not know who to trust so they trust no one .

RLI

--------------------
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." — John Wayne

rgp
.333 member

Reged: 17/06/04
Loc: TX & VIC
Re: pump/lever centrefires to be banned in Victori [Re: RLI]
      #34545 - 10/07/05 04:09 PM

I've been reading the legal mess that NitroX posted in regards to bringing firearms into Australia.

This stuff is a lot of unfair taxation. A zillion permits with a fee for each of them...and a permit for a "Paintball Gun" or a "Starting Pistol"? A starting pistol is no different than a kid's cap gun!

Disarming honorable people is something that makes me wonder what else the disarming do-gooders have in their plans once they disarm everyone. Honorable people don't need to disarm other honorable people...so why is the government doing it? None of it takes even one firearm out of the hands of criminals, merely takes them out of the hands of law abiding citizens.

Richard.

CptCurlAdministrator
.450 member

Reged: 01/05/04
Loc: Fincastle, Botetourt County, V...
Re: pump/lever centrefires to be banned in Victori [Re: rgp]
      #34549 - 10/07/05 10:02 PM

We in the USA must take note of what's happening with our Australian brothers. We must strengthen our resolve to preserve our rights against such nonsense. There are many among us who would impose the same restrictions here, given the chance.

Speak out at every opportunity, and support the NRA.

Curl

--------------------
RoscoeStephenson.com

YOUR DOUBLE RIFLE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: pump/lever centrefires to be banned in Victoria [Re: Les]
      #34551 - 10/07/05 10:19 PM

And what is the EXCUSE or JUSTIFICATION this time?

About time for a march on Parliament in Melbourne for all shooters in Australia.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Les
.224 member

Re: pump/lever centrefires to be banned in Victoria [Re: NitroX]
      #34581 - 11/07/05 06:58 PM

Nitro mate, that is in the planning, some behind the scenes meetings are taking place very soon, will keep everyone up to date as it happens....hope to see you in Melbourne....Les

Gadge
.300 member

Reged: 02/05/04
Loc: Gippsland, Victoria, Australia
Re: pump/lever centrefires to be banned in Victori [Re: Les]
      #34583 - 11/07/05 08:09 PM

Here's the full text of the media release, FWIW, from the Dept of Premier and Cabinet web site:

FROM THE MINISTER FOR POLICE & EMERGENCY SERVICES

DATE: Sunday, July 10, 2005

NEW LAWS SET SIGHTS ON 'HIGH CAPACITY' WEAPONS

The State Government has signalled its intention to restrict access to a new type of rifle capable of firing up to 30 bullets without being reloaded, and has called on other states and territories to follow suit.

Police & Emergency Services Minister Tim Holding said new laws would ensure weapons capable of being fitted with 'high capacity detachable magazines', or 'clips', were available only to those people who legitimately needed them.

"Manufacturers are now producing rifles that can be fitted with magazines capable of holding up to 30 bullets," Mr Holding said.

"These firearms, when fitted with high capacity magazines, can deliver a high rate of accurate, sustained fire and turn a humble rifle into a more dangerous weapon," Mr Holding said.

Under proposed changes to Victoria's Firearms Act, pump-action or lever-action centrefire rifles capable of being fitted with five-or-more shot detachable magazine will be reclassified as Category C firearms – out of reach of most recreational shooters. These weapons are currently classified as Category B firearms.

Also restricted will be bolt-action centrefire rifles capable of being fitted with a 15-or-more shot detachable magazine. Pump-action, lever-action and bolt-action rimfire rifles capable of being fitted with 15-or-more shot detachable magazines will also be reclassified.

Mr Holding said only shooters who had a proven need for these firearms – like farmers and professional hunters – should be allowed to own them.

"These types of guns should not be in the hands of everyday sporting or recreational shooters, and their use should be restricted as quickly as possible," he said.

Mr Holding said Victoria hoped to be the first Australian state to restrict the sale of these rifles.

"The Bracks Government calls on all state and territory governments to follow our lead and restrict access to rifles that can function with high-capacity detachable magazines," he said.

Mr Holding said the State Government had revealed its intention before the laws had been drafted to minimise the impact on shooters and companies involved in importing the firearms.

"Some sporting shooters may currently be thinking of buying guns that can be fitted with high-capacity magazines," he said.

"We want to give owners and importers plenty of warning so they can prepare for the new restrictions."

Information on how to provide feedback on the proposed changes is available at http://www.justice.vic.gov.au

Make what you will of the 'reasoning' used.

--------------------
Cheers,
Doug

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: pump/lever centrefires to be banned in Victori [Re: Gadge]
      #34584 - 11/07/05 09:23 PM

In reply to:

capable of being fitted with 'high capacity detachable magazines', or 'clips',

Basically what these bastards are trying to ban this time is any rifle with a detachable magazine.

If I read it right.

Even though I am in South Aust, there will go my BLR for sambar deer hunting in Vic if it happens.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

RLI
.375 member

Reged: 01/10/03
Loc: Victoria, Australia
Re: pump/lever centrefires to be banned in Victori [Re: NitroX]
      #34586 - 11/07/05 09:53 PM

The "capable of being fitted........." is the key phrase ,so a Browning BLR is "capable" of being fitted with a high-capacity magazine.The rifles that come to mind are

Browning BLR
Savage 99 c model
Winchester 88
Remington 7600
Vektor pump
Ruger

plus various .22's

They will not stop at this! also I read Bolt rifles capable of being fitted with over 15 shot magazines to be banned so the humble Lithgow SMLE .303 has a 10 shot mag. but is it "capable" of being able to use a 15 shot mag.? if a over 15 shot mag. exists or not (I have never heard of one) This rifle may go to crushers also!!!!!!! Treason, Treachery ,Betrayal are all you get from our politicians who march on with their social engineering.

Steve

--------------------
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." — John Wayne

Edited by RLI (11/07/05 10:06 PM)

Mike_McGuire
.333 member

Reged: 11/06/05
Loc: Sydney Australia
Re: pump/lever centrefires to be banned in Victori [Re: NitroX]
      #34598 - 12/07/05 08:14 AM

You can get Rem 700 with detachable and HS Precision rifles come with detachable.

Rifles such as the Weatherby in the calibres based on the 378 case from 30/378 through to 460 and the Sauer come with in line feed magazines so it would not be a great feat of engineering to convert them to detachable and with big magazine capacity.

Mike

500grains
.416 member

Reged: 16/02/04
Loc: Salt Lake City, Utah USA
Re: pump/lever centrefires to be banned in Victori [Re: Mike_McGuire]
      #34599 - 12/07/05 08:35 AM

Meanwhile, Iraqi and Afghan civilians are permitted to own AK47's (just not heavy machine guns or mortars).

Western civilization is very disappointing.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4538

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com