Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: New Guy's Technique: IT WORKS !!

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
JPK
.375 member

Reged: 31/08/04
Loc: Chevy Chase, MD
New Guy's Technique: IT WORKS !!
      #29568 - 16/04/05 02:45 AM

I was able to escape for a shoot and to enjoy some great spring weather yesterday afternoon and to try New Guy"s technique for issue free loading of a rimless belted cartridge in a double. It worked smoothly and without a hitch. A little drill would easily make it second nature too!

I went down to my hunting club so I had some room to try some more "realistic" test than I could at a range. After loading and unloading a number of times to get the technique down, I put my targets against the berm containing a small 80yd long pond. Starting at one end I either fired one or two or moved at a jog then fired then reloaded on the move, pulling cartridges from my belt, till I'd fired five shots or so at ranges from 80yds down to maybe 25yds. I did this four times. Using New Guys technique all went without a hitch or snag and the rounds went home smoothly without any difficulty every time, even on the move.

A quick description of the technique is to apply a bit of "side" pressure to the case so that the ejector blade is pushed down by the side of the case as the cartridge is slid into the chamber. There is a better description and a how to photo, both provided by New Guy, on an earlier thread started by me titled "More Shooting with my Thys". Sorry I don't know how to provide a link.

I kind of expected some snag or hiccup when the belt got to the clip as the cartridge was slid into the chamber since the belt obviously protrudes from the side of the case. However, the belt just slides over the blade without a bump or extra friction.

I was only able to shoot a box of ammo since it seems I've shot up the Washington DC area's supply of 458wm ammo. I,ve been reluctant to buy any quantity since the gun may well end up a 450NE 3 1/4". This trail does seem to take the urgency out of the rechamber issue and I'll shoot some more next week when I get some more ammo to confirm the smooth feeding.

I've now shot about 80 rounds through the gun and it remains "new stiff".

Thanks to New Guy for the tip and the how to photo.

JPK

Edited by JPK (16/04/05 02:47 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
new_guy
Sponsor

Reged: 10/08/04
Loc: Texas
Re: New Guy's Technique: IT WORKS !! [Re: JPK]
      #29629 - 18/04/05 01:56 AM

Glad it helped. Here's the photo you mentioned.

--------------------
www.heymUSA.com

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
2 registered and 85 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1206

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com